HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

3 Redundant IOTM's Retired from 1337 Hut!

Secret Society Wars  »  Minor Updates

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

3 Redundant IOTM's Retired from 1337 Hut!
    ACME Smiley Dictionary, Cocktail Monster Rocket Boots, and Coconut Monkey Rocket Boots have been retired from the 1337 Hut.
  • Posted By: TFwO  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

oh snap!
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Collectibles market once again, for the win! >.>
  • Posted By: datacore  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Doggonit. I had coconut shells collected and ready for this purchase and JUST donated yesterday. Argh. I hate mid-game changes.

Quote "datacore":  

Doggonit. I had coconut shells collected and ready for this purchase and JUST donated yesterday. Argh. I hate mid-game changes.

what? you *wanted* coco boots? They're way obsolete. The Red and Yellow boots are way better and have bonuses. I'd bet someone would gladly sell you a pair of old cocos for a fair price. (:
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I will, data.

Quote "munk":  

Quote "datacore":  

what? you *wanted* coco boots? They're way obsolete. The Red and Yellow boots are way better and have bonuses. I'd bet someone would gladly sell you a pair of old cocos for a fair price. (:

Well, yeah! Since there's no roadmap anywhere showing how much the bonuses are to move from sector a to sector b, we're kinda flying blind as to which to choose. I was happy to buy the boots and spent a ton of trades to stash shells. If one is X better than Y, it would help to show that in the 1337 hut.
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "datacore":  

Well, yeah! Since there's no roadmap anywhere showing how much the bonuses are to move from sector a to sector b, we're kinda flying blind as to which to choose. I was happy to buy the boots and spent a ton of trades to stash shells. If one is X better than Y, it would help to show that in the 1337 hut.

Isn't it in databuddy (speed and speed stat of the costume with the boots)?
    They all have the same base speed (5), excep coconut boots which have only 3 (the base acme suit has speed 2, astronaut 1).
    Coconut and swift powerup have speed stat health (best used at 100/100 hp), cocktail has drunkness, and sey red horniness.
    (the sexy red also has 127 sexiness, on par with body condom, ymca suit, and amaranth costume).
    The coconut boots also need coconut shells, which means using coconut cannon (because not everyone can access jork/tong).
    (cocktail boots are powered by vodka, which is less problematic).

Travel costs have the same structure. Your outfit (and stats) only change a multiplier.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't see speed listed anywhere. Oh well.

Only spaceworthy costumes have them. Search for acme.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "datacore":  

don't look up the boots...try looking up the costume itself. acme battlemark, then look for the stats

Quote "Salen":  

Quote "datacore":  

don't look up the boots...try looking up the costume itself. acme battlemark, then look for the stats

You're sort of making my point for me. It's not listed with the boots.

Quote "datacore":  

Quote "Salen":  

Quote "datacore":  

http://www.secretsocietywars.com/index.php?p=account&a=databuddy&factor=costumes

Quote "datacore":  

That's because it's not a property of the boots themselves. An $bootsAdjective acme battlesuit mark ii would presumably be even faster.

Yes. I get that. Please don't hear any of this as a complaint. These are suggestions.

When I go shopping for boots in the 1337 hut, it doesn't say right under the boots in the item description "uses 40% less fuel than a basic battlesuit suit when jumping sectors." My point is that if you have to go looking in un-intuitive places to find this info, it's not really the most friendly listing for players who want to spend their money. If the other boots are better, it would help you to say that. It's pretty clear with the <3 card and the Universal Express card which is better, just seeing it in the descriptions.