HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Amaranth/PvP clarification

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Help Desk

• Posted By: Olaf  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Amaranth/PvP clarification
    While an Amaranth, I logged off while in space, and came back to find a PvP smail from raventree, an Oddfellow. From all the information I can find, that should not have been able to happen.

I may have had orange Amaranth text (between 5 and 10 in my yin), but I was for sure less than 10, and thought I would be safe.

Does leaning into another society (or even being in that 5-10 zone), while for the day still "Amaranth", allow you to be attacked? And is there some way to bump Amaranths out of alignment? (I was bumped to Illuminati after the fight, as expected, but I mean before PvP)
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Olaf":  

While an Amaranth, I logged off while in space, and came back to find a PvP smail from raventree, an Oddfellow. From all the information I can find, that should not have been able to happen.

I may have had orange Amaranth text (between 5 and 10 in my yin), but I was for sure less than 10, and thought I would be safe.

Does leaning into another society (or even being in that 5-10 zone), while for the day still "Amaranth", allow you to be attacked? And is there some way to bump Amaranths out of alignment? (I was bumped to Illuminati after the fight, as expected, but I mean before PvP)

Whenever you fight/sex0r you gain/lose power, and it can be quite a lot depending on the power of the individual, so that could cause you to shift. as for hitting you while you were leaning I believe that can happen
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

When I sexor someone into my society (-> leaning), I immediately lose the ability to pvp them. So that thing is based off current GEOC, not rollover GEOC.

I didn't think of sexor for bumping, but that was not the case in this instance (no smail).

Anyway, I'm sitting above Barnimus with -7 on my OC axis, so I'm still listed as Amaranth in the sidebar, but it's orange and lodge tells me I'm "dangerously close". This was same as I thought I was yesterday. If I can be successfully attacked like this, help documents and such need to be clarified.

So that said, somebody try to attack me. If you do, I'll obviously see, but let me know if you can't.
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Well, I saw you grey and pvp-able, and was able to pvp you, so ...

Thanks for checking.

Just to double check that Amaranth protection isn't completely broken, I'm above Barnimus again, but only -5 OC, so by all accounts, I'm within alignment (white text, no admonishment from lodgemaster).

Ok, grimdel just pvp'd me. Something is definitely screwy.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Olaf":  

Ok, grimdel just pvp'd me. Something is definitely screwy.

"You cannot place bounties on Amaranths." well the bounty device still considers you Ammie, so theres that at least LOL
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

By my reading of the code, amaranths only have PvP immunity while the Emperor still has control. the flag for "ammy_win_possible" is checked in the conditional, and only when it's false does immunity trigger.