HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Another possible dimit path

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Discussion

• Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Another possible dimit path
    Swinger, for those of us who prefer not to have a yang bonus, or even maybe to have a yang penalty.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Man, I honestly always have slacked on the dimit pathing aspect of the game, and have never managed to get ass deep into it, what with other priorities and all, but I do think that is a cool idea.

Are you thinking like a calculation of individual GEOC to see yin/yang and discarding the yang item, or maybe even negativizing it (is that a word)?

Would be good for Amaranth-specific issues in particular, I think...

well, dimiting gives you a bonus to your yang on every interaction. So swinger path would eliminate that or give a penalty to yang on every interaction. It's not so much an ammy specific issue, since the challenge as an ammy is minimizing yin, but I like to play with as low a yang as possible as well so I can be in whichever society has the UA and can lean to avoid PVP. That's a play style that works in any society, it just fits particularly well with the Ammy philosophy.
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I never dimited much so I might be forgetting a bonus it gives you, but I though the main reason to dimit was to get stat bonuses (or yang bonuses but obviously not in this case). In this path you'd get no bonuses at all, what would be the advantage of dimiting here? Quest rewards?
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Rickton":  

I never dimited much so I might be forgetting a bonus it gives you, but I though the main reason to dimit was to get stat bonuses (or yang bonuses but obviously not in this case). In this path you'd get no bonuses at all, what would be the advantage of dimiting here? Quest rewards?

Stat management is an advantage in and of itself.

Quote "Rickton":  

Cancelling out the yang bonus from a previous dimit path.
  • Posted By: Kimo  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I have a dimit path idea. I think it could be called the "Busy Beaver". For those that tend to blow through turns (like myself). The bonus would be something like a chance of an extra 25-50 turns at the top of the hour or 100-250 turns at each reset. Something like that.

I tend to go with constitutionalist for turns, because it lets me eat and drink more.