HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Done Moved!

Secret Society Wars  »  Announcements

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Done Moved!
    Well, here we are on the new server. looking good so far. Let me know if you notice funky things. Also Hedrok is here, Sector 707, with a brand-new Daily Quest!
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Only thing I notice right now (and it might be the network at work) is that it is a little laggy. Beyond that no issues so far.

It really appeared to happen in the maze for Hedrok.

It might just be the network at work.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

All is running well for me, I actually thought I might've been running quicker on XMM in BiChi.

I'm checking out the Hedrok stuff now and all seems fine there also. Really liking the new content, btw.

I'll mention if I find anything untowards, or particularly glee inspiring. :P
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

so far so good, loving the new stuff!
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I'm not sure if the daily quest is working correctly. The guy who was supposed to have the thing was at the end of the maze, but I only got half of the tin foil that would have been required to make it... and the text seemed more like it should just drop.

Quote "crashnburn11":  

I'm not sure if the daily quest is working correctly. The guy who was supposed to have the thing was at the end of the maze, but I only got half of the tin foil that would have been required to make it... and the text seemed more like it should just drop.

only one should drop.
    what do you mean by "half the tin foil needed"? I don't think you *can* put two of any one thing together in any recipe. please clarify?
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "crashnburn11":  

only one should drop.
    what do you mean by "half the tin foil needed"? I don't think you *can* put two of any one thing together in any recipe. please clarify?

a foil wrapped quesarito is what I need... I got a wad of tinfoil. You need both a foil wrapped quesadilla and a foil wrapped burrito for the quesarito.

I also can't get sour cream or ultimate nachos to drop from the monsters that databuddy says it comes from. I've spent about 700 turns trying, because it is a item i need for the flambe daily quest.

Quote "munk":  

Quote "crashnburn11":  

only one should drop.

oh, wait. I see what you mean. Adsy made a compound recipe from two foil items. :P

let me take that one out of the quest.

Quote "crashnburn11":  

a foil wrapped quesarito is what I need... I got a wad of tinfoil. You need both a foil wrapped quesadilla and a foil wrapped burrito for the quesarito.

I also can't get sour cream or ultimate nachos to drop from the monsters that databuddy says it comes from. I've spent about 700 turns trying, because it is a item i need for the flambe daily quest.

Re. 1: fixed, and sent you a spare foil.

Re. 2: you might consider being friendly with the mob rather than aggressive. (unless, you know they *really like* you to be aggressive)
    I mean, where do you think Sour Cream comes from? :D

Quote "Julionics":  

Only thing I notice right now (and it might be the network at work) is that it is a little laggy. Beyond that no issues so far.

Ok... I am now home and yes it was the network at work.

Quote "Julionics":  

Quote "Julionics":  

Ok... I am now home and yes it was the network at work.

I figured. this thing is faster than Speedy Gonzalez. Arriba! Epa! Epa! Epa! Yeehaw!
  • Posted By: adsynth  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

oh, wait. I see what you mean. Adsy made a compound recipe from two foil items. :P

Well, I couldn't make it too easy >.>

{edit - added this note}
      Quote "munk":  

Re. 2: you might consider being friendly with the mob rather than aggressive. (unless, you know they *really like* you to be aggressive)
    I mean, where do you think Sour Cream comes from? :D

I have also placed a more constructive method for getting the Sour Cream. Although, milking a Furry Bear does have it advantages.
  • Posted By: McFeisty  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

You start making the moves with the Furry Bear. Giving 1 Sour Cream.

Can't wait to find out the 'more constructive' method. ;)
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "McFeisty":  

You start making the moves with the Furry Bear. Giving 1 Sour Cream.

Can't wait to find out the 'more constructive' method. ;)

Might involve angry cow sexor?
  • Posted By: Vladrin  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

My Outfit for Yipi is the hipster duds, which are found exclusively on a mob that only appears in a maze. what am I to do if I explore the whole maze and am still missing an article of clothing?

Quote "Vladrin":  

My Outfit for Yipi is the hipster duds, which are found exclusively on a mob that only appears in a maze. what am I to do if I explore the whole maze and am still missing an article of clothing?

You would search out his twin, who is now haunting the Conservatory.

Quote "munk":  

Well, here we are on the new server. looking good so far. Let me know if you notice funky things. Also Hedrok is here, Sector 707, with a brand-new Daily Quest!

Is there a new daily quest? I got it when it first rolled out, but since then, I'm just encountering combat...

[edit] Duh - random encounter - got it (:

The inventory when you go to eat or drink has now gone out of alphabetical.

Quote "Julionics":  

I think you may have changed browsers. Chrome throws the lists into it's own desired order.

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Julionics":  

I think you may have changed browsers. Chrome throws the lists into it's own desired order.

yes...it kills me when I have to send stuff with the card. Microsoft Edge does the same thing
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I think it's sorted by when you got them, most recent on bottom. Not that that really helps most of the time, unless you want to eat/drink something you just got.

Quote "Rickton":  

I think it's sorted by when you got them, most recent on bottom. Not that that really helps most of the time, unless you want to eat/drink something you just got.

well, here's what's going on from this end; the script that generates the select boxes from the server creates a javascript array of the items in alphabetical order. The browser then creates the selects using this array.

In Firefox this renders as intended:

So, the problem happens somewhere in the browser's rendering of the data. If someone knows if there's something I can add to the javascript on the page that would cause Edge and Chrome to also render the boxes as intended, I would be happy to add it. (:

Here's something that might be related:
    https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=37404

...and a possible solution hack (ugh):
    https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=12169#c2
  • Posted By: Tiberivs  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Slight problem with Hedrok. It is the same problem that prompted the change to Eroticon 69. The quest from the conservatory sends me to the conservatory for a mob drop and then Rosarita keeps getting in the way of me finding the mob I need. This is exactly the same issue as was occuring with The Triple Anused Whore.

Is this a bug or a feature? (i.e. intentional or not?)

As it is a voluntary quest and not a required quest (as the T.A.W. was) I can see it being intentional as a time(turns) suck and am ok if that was what was desired.

Quote "Tiberivs":  

Slight problem with Hedrok. It is the same problem that prompted the change to Eroticon 69. The quest from the conservatory sends me to the conservatory for a mob drop and then Rosarita keeps getting in the way of me finding the mob I need. This is exactly the same issue as was occuring with The Triple Anused Whore.

Is this a bug or a feature? (i.e. intentional or not?)

As it is a voluntary quest and not a required quest (as the T.A.W. was) I can see it being intentional as a time(turns) suck and am ok if that was what was desired.

The questgiver encounter is just a dice roll and doesn't take a turn. I don't think the one on Eroticon does either. There's no logic in there to keep it from happening while you're there, except when you've completed the quest, then it won't show up anymore. So that would make it intentional. (:
  • Posted By: Tiberivs  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Excellent, thanks. Thought I saw turns increment but I may have been mistaken.
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

In Firefox this renders as intended:

Not in *my* firefox.

var food_items = {
    7929865 : "AI Fortune Cookie (4)",
    7928889 : "Apple (2037)",

for item in food_items {
    inp3.options[i++] = new Option(food_items[item], item);
    }

food_items is not an array, so it doesn't guarantee order of items. You will get some (semirandom) order in which the underlying map (or probably hashmap) implementation put them in, which should have no relation to the values (only the keys).

You want to first stuff those Option objects into another array, sort that array on name, *then* append everything into inp3.options in the sorted order.

I *think* it's possible to just sort inp3.options in place though ... if so, then it *might* be just

inp3.options.sort(function(a,b) {
    var v1 = a.text;
    var v2 = b.text;
    if (v1<v2) { return -1; }
    if (v1>v2) { return +1; }
    return 0;
    });

(and similar for the other two, and also everywhere else you want dynamically generated selectboxes with sorted labels).

Alternatively, output food_values as an array and construct Options accordingly

vat food_values = [
    { id : 7929865, label : "AI Fortune Cookie (4)" },
    { id : 7928889, label : "Apple (2037)" },
    ];
    for item in food_items {
    inp3.options[i++] = new Option(item.label, item.id);
    }

also, using the "code" tag in posts shouldn't put extra <br /> into the post at newlines

ahh, ok, we'll try that if a simpler fix I just implemented doesn't work. Try looking at the UEX card right now and see if it's rendering correctly for you. I made a change to force the keys to be strings, going on what I read in the chrome notes. This appears to work in my Firefox. Can you tell me what you guys see?

Nope, still B, C, B, G, A in drinks.

I wouldn't bother with workarounds that are guaranteed to not work somewhere/somewhen. Do it right.

BTW, the same thing apparently needs fixing for disassembler(s), at the very least.

Sweet! Edge works now, all alphabetized so my anal retentive attention to detail now yields positive results! thanks!

Quote "xKiv":  

Alternatively, output food_values as an array and construct Options accordingly

vat food_values = [
    { id : 7929865, label : "AI Fortune Cookie (4)" },
    { id : 7928889, label : "Apple (2037)" },
    ];
    for item in food_items {
    }

Hmmn, this seems to break it. I may have done it wrong, but I'm not seeing where. can you check the UEX card again? (just the UEX interface, the food/meds/etc aren't changed yet.)

Quote "xKiv":  

Nope, still B, C, B, G, A in drinks.

I wouldn't bother with workarounds that are guaranteed to not work somewhere/somewhen. Do it right.

I just realized you were checking the food/drinks/meds selects instead of the UEX selects. I've now added my earlier fix to food/drink/med selects. That seems to work for Salen in Edge, but changing the m to arrays breaks the UEX card.

Oh, you mean UEX as in the card item, not User EXperience ...

I don't see anything to add items.

The only error I see:

ReferenceError: _gat is not defined (line 1095)
    here?
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-4397595-1");

Calling addUEInput('inv') by hand adds a bunch of selectboxes with lots of options, but all of the options are just

<option> </option>

Oh I see. "for item in items" makes item be indexes. Correction:

for idx in food_items {
    var item=items[idx];
    }

ETA: duhhhhh, I have to first click "inventory" or "DC". So that works.

Something seems to have broke with drinking of booze. I'm at 59% health, 547/1000 turns, and 70% drunk.

Any attempt to consume another drink gives me a 'Drink Something!' message, as if it doesn't recognize the booze or something. Was working a few mins ago.

Quote "xKiv":  

Oh I see. "for item in items" makes item be indexes. Correction:

for idx in food_items {
    var item=items[idx];
    }

ahh, gotcha. Ok, that fixed the UEX card, now it shows stuff again. it is currently alphabetical in my Firefox. want to check in yours? (also look at the food/drink/meds - that has the old fix, but I want to see if it actually does work.)

Quote "grimdel":  

Something seems to have broke with drinking of booze. I'm at 59% health, 547/1000 turns, and 70% drunk.

Any attempt to consume another drink gives me a 'Drink Something!' message, as if it doesn't recognize the booze or something. Was working a few mins ago.

yeah, we're futzing with it. give us a minute to check the fix on the UEX, and i'll spread that fix around to the other stuff..

Quote "munk":  

ahh, gotcha. Ok, that fixed the UEX card, now it shows stuff again. it is currently alphabetical in my Firefox. want to check in yours? (also look at the food/drink/meds - that has the old fix, but I want to see if it actually does work.)

All four look good *now* (but I prefer a fix that uses guaranteed properties of javascript, instead of some obscure implementation detail that can change again without warning)

Quote "xKiv":  

Quote "munk":  

All four look good *now* (but I prefer a fix that uses guaranteed properties of javascript, instead of some obscure implementation detail that can change again without warning)

Ok, all of the "Consume Stuff" page is converted. test it out and make sure it works as expected in all your browsers.

let's see, next the Disassembler.. where else needs it?

Quote "munk":  

Item transfers with the cards would be nice...

Sell items interface, general inventory view if it isn't already...

Quote "Rakkasan":  

already done.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

they don't use the same interface.

Also, Disassembler is now converted.

Quote "munk":  

they don't use the same interface.

Bummer. I can deal though. The transfers with the card was the bigger thing by far.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Quote "munk":  

The cards should be already fixed?

Sell stuff, make stuff, inventory view - I think those all already sorted properly (because they come pre-sorted from server). Only dynamically generated item lists need any fixing.
  • Posted By: aces44  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Holy crap thank you for fixing those. Made me more batty than necessary.

Quote "xKiv":  

also, using the "code" tag in posts shouldn't put extra <br /> into the post at newlines

well, the bbcode interpreter nl2br's the entire output after translating the bbcode to html, so one solution would be to change the tag used from XMP to something like BLOCKQUOTE. That seems to work..

Thank you for fixing these... I was/am using Firefox so there was no browser change for me.
  • Posted By: TFwO  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "xKiv":  

Quote "munk":  

i think the yoobey house auction lister. it's still unalphabetized for me. thanks for the changes i use chrome and it's always been a pain.

Quote "TFwO":  

Quote "munk":  

i think the yoobey house auction lister. it's still unalphabetized for me. thanks for the changes i use chrome and it's always been a pain.

done!