HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Fine Tuning alignment

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Discussion

• Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Fine Tuning alignment
    So with the UA as heavily skewed as it is getting to Amaranth has become very difficult. An average fight yields 60 chaos, an average sex0r yields 30 order. It's even worse for good and evil. The band for Amaranth is only 20 wide so even sex0r leads to shooting right past it much of the time.

Maybe this is intended behavior, but if not I can think of a couple possible solutions.

1. allow players to spend a set amount of turns working out at Ahnuld's gym rather than it using a random amount each time

or 2. make Amaranths anyone whose yin is less than 1 percent of their yang.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Sounds like a tough row to hoe.

You could always just swing on over here to ES. We're nice and welcoming folk.
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I think *both* of those deserve to be true.
    Well, maybe 0.01% of yang for amaranths (that's a +-10 tolerance for someone with 100k power). (that is, 0.01% or absolute 10, whichever is higher)
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

or 2. make Amaranths anyone whose yin is less than 1 percent of their yang.

Put up a vote. if there's enough interest I can take a look at what would need changing. could be pretty immediately chaotic and fairly unbalancing towards the ammys. I would ponder the effect this would have at the beginning of a cycle.
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I sort of feel like extra points gained from UA shouldn't be linear. Stat gains from stat-increasing items have been changed to give diminishing returns already, maybe something similar for UA?
    If cycles are going to continue to be long, the UA's going to get high, and it affects more than just Amaranths.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I think the mechanic of UA not involving those who don't dimit is pretty good for Amaranths. It does limit you to one mining tool, but that is the sacrifice for neutrality isn't it?
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

I think the mechanic of UA not involving those who don't dimit is pretty good for Amaranths. It does limit you to one mining tool, but that is the sacrifice for neutrality isn't it?

Except that neutrality isn't an advantage in itself. It's just one of the societies.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

Quote "Salen":  

Except that neutrality isn't an advantage in itself. It's just one of the societies.

Except that society has concrete mechanical advantages which no other society gets.
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quit your whining you emo prick!
  • Posted By: Langers  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Ho! Ho!

Teh nakerz man with a set of doberman chompers for a groin is playing a teeny-tiny violin.

I'm 'a abstain on this one, 'cause I just don't know nuffink 'bouts near enough to tell eiffah way.

(goes to pet the doberman, but thinks better of it)

Wee! Wee! Wee!
  • Posted By: glen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

He's doing other things as well. He's a very busy guy, has to multi-task. Been in the same spot myself once.