HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

good way to kill turns

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Help Desk

• Posted By: nione1986  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

good way to kill turns
    Since I am online infrequently and not for long periods usually, I find myself having an overabundance of turns. So is there a good place to waste them quickly? I use the Power Gym already.
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

If I have the turns to kill and can set things to run in the back ground (Auto-accost)I will kill them this way farming things I may never need or things I may need depending on the day.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Another way to burn turns scripted in the background is auto-gamble and auto-mine.

However, if you want to dump turns fast, in my opinion the fastest way is mining. Go out there and just hyper click on the mine button, and you can dump hundreds of turns, literally all of your turns, in just a few minutes.
  • Posted By: nione1986  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I can't mine yet, but I'll remember that for when I can. In the meantime, I'm going script hunting.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "nione1986":  

I can't mine yet, but I'll remember that for when I can. In the meantime, I'm going script hunting.

I use the automine script for most of my turns. However, the default script waits 3 seconds between mining turns - to avoid hammering the server. But this can leave you vulnerable to pvp.

If you want, you can edit the script (look for '3000') and shorten it a bit... (dont shoot the messenger)
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Yep, automine is meant to be convenient, but not fast. Autoaccost is actually the same way, but there is less strategic reasoning for you wanting to hammer the server faster.

If you do look in the code tho, there is a bit of code Nardo had put in but commented out. If you know your pvp outfit ID, you can hard code it in there, and if the automine sees someone who is from another society in the sector it will put your PVP outfit on. The 3 second delay can also hurt you here, since it gives them more time to click you before it changes.
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I do request that you be nice to the server. SSW isn't the only, or the main occupant of this machine, and I make a great deal of my living from these clients not having their web pages load slowly because someone's burning turns a million a minute on mining. (: