Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Discussion

• Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Greasemonkey Scripts Using the Google Chrome Tampermonkey Extension
    I have tested these two scripts to work with chrome:
    Healthifier
    Combat Advance

I have observed this one as not working:
    Trade Route Finder

If anyone wants to test any of the other one and report which ones work and do not work, or request fixes to certain scripts, I can potentially look into fixing them.

The Withdraw All script (for facility management) has been uploaded and verified to work with both chrome and FF.

The spacenav script also seems to work but always throws an error message when it arrives at the final sector.
  • Posted By: BlueFairy  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

the use IOTM script works, as does the maze arrow script.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

For now:

- Secure Storage and Display Case Helper at least partially works. I think that the Quick Transfer function is not operating correctly.

- Control Percentage seems to function.

- AutoAccost seems to work just fine? Well, at least somewhat. It seems it might be sort of glitchy when dealing with "Getting Items" and possibly other functions. I'll continue testing.

- Drone Dropper works fine.

- Automine works fine.

- Probe Launcher doesn't seem to function.

- Last Adventure doesn't seem to function.

Hey crash, do you remember which script gave the individual drone counts on the sectors you held them in and all that? It included unexplored sectors and all, so you could copy paste them nicely into the probe launcher script, and it was listed in the same information area as the control information and all. Was that part of trade route? Or was that part of control percentage? I'd really like to have that data available again...

Also, it would be really great if probe launcher would work for Chrome, since it is just such a pain to do mass recons single sectors at a time.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Hey crash, do you remember which script gave the individual drone counts on the sectors you held them in and all that? It included unexplored sectors and all, so you could copy paste them nicely into the probe launcher script, and it was listed in the same information area as the control information and all. Was that part of trade route? Or was that part of control percentage? I'd really like to have that data available again...

Also, it would be really great if probe launcher would work for Chrome, since it is just such a pain to do mass recons single sectors at a time.

The script that counts your drones in SSW My Drone Locations. I've uploaded a version that works with both browsers.

The unexplored sectors are part of the trade route script. I know what is causing it to fail and can hopefully look at it at some point before the round begins.

The probe launcher I'm not sure what is wrong, but maybe will have time to look at it too. I made some fixes to it for FF, so I may actually try it in its original form for chrome before I go too deep.

I haven't looked at last adventure, but it is a simple script so should be easy to fix.

Thanks for the Drone Locations Crash, that's a big one. I really appreciate any additional functionality scripting can provide and am thankful for your time and effort in helping to repair and add to and improve scripts.

So yeah, thanks for the trouble shooting you do, it is most welcome to me, and I am sure, most other players.

Onward, I've tested a bit more:

- Autogamble seems to work, I haven't tested ALL the functions on it, but it at least runs for X turns and stops, and seems to accurately track Luck/Starbux gain/loss.

- With the AutoAccost, it seems "most" functions work as intended, attacking, range setting, sex0r, HP, -haven't checked item, mob or smail stops- but I will, anyway, all seems to be okay so far, with the exception of "Get Item". You can enter the value, and it will track the drops, and you can reset the drops, however, it will not do the "auto" portion of the accost, and you have to manually run the turns. I need to read back through the scripts thread to see if I am missing anything.

- Logout Confirm doesn't seem to work, but I'll look at that again too.

-- I ended up uploading all the scripts available, even if it said they wouldn't be compatible, just to see what I can get to go or not go. I'll keep messing around with stuff.

- The Time Suit script doesn't work. It reads the custom outfits and adds the quick links for them in the "Your Stuff" drop down, but they are not functional.
  • Posted By: aces44  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Rakkasan":  

- The Time Suit script doesn't work. It reads the custom outfits and adds the quick links for them in the "Your Stuff" drop down, but they are not functional.

Works for me. There is a little "time suit" link next to the "my stuff" pulldown.
    But you are right in that the links to custom outfits in the pulldown menu are non functional.
    I will stay over here in the I am not helpful corner.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Thanks for the Drone Locations Crash, that's a big one. I really appreciate any additional functionality scripting can provide and am thankful for your time and effort in helping to repair and add to and improve scripts.

So yeah, thanks for the trouble shooting you do, it is most welcome to me, and I am sure, most other players.

Onward, I've tested a bit more:

- Autogamble seems to work, I haven't tested ALL the functions on it, but it at least runs for X turns and stops, and seems to accurately track Luck/Starbux gain/loss.

- With the AutoAccost, it seems "most" functions work as intended, attacking, range setting, sex0r, HP, -haven't checked item, mob or smail stops- but I will, anyway, all seems to be okay so far, with the exception of "Get Item". You can enter the value, and it will track the drops, and you can reset the drops, however, it will not do the "auto" portion of the accost, and you have to manually run the turns. I need to read back through the scripts thread to see if I am missing anything.

- Logout Confirm doesn't seem to work, but I'll look at that again too.

-- I ended up uploading all the scripts available, even if it said they wouldn't be compatible, just to see what I can get to go or not go. I'll keep messing around with stuff.

Can you elaborate on the issues with Autoaccost? I just ran turns at the pharma research level and it worked fine, stopped when it got 5 yellow pills, and automated the combats.
    Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m
    Tampermonkey 3.12.58

Edit: Last Adventure also is working for me.

Yeah, I'll look into it again and see what I might be missing if you're getting good functionality.

I've got to get to bed now, but I'll do that later today.

Quote "aces44":  

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Works for me. There is a little "time suit" link next to the "my stuff" pulldown.
    But you are right in that the links to custom outfits in the pulldown menu are non functional.
    I will stay over here in the I am not helpful corner.

Perfectly helpful. :P

Yeah, I get the time suit link itself and it works, so there's that.

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Can you elaborate on the issues with Autoaccost? I just ran turns at the pharma research level and it worked fine, stopped when it got 5 yellow pills, and automated the combats.
    Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m
    Tampermonkey 3.12.58

Edit: Last Adventure also is working for me.

Okay, software, hardware, firmware:

Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106
    Chromebook Platform 7520.63.0 (Official Build) stable-channel daisy
    Firmware Google_Snow.2695.117.0
    Tampermonkey Version 3.12.58

Not sure what difference might exist between Chrome .106 and .106 m.

So, what happens is, I enter the value into the Get Items box (example: 5 Suntan Lotion,). I then go to run the turns, in this particular case at Tsander's Beach, Phallorus. So, I click the zone and get the initial encounter, and it will run through that turn according to the preference set indicated, then stops. I can then click Accost Another Stranger, it will again run the single turn as the settings have indicated, then stop. At least I assume it is a full stop, as it is far longer than any reasonable length for a refresh delay, at least over a minute. This is how it will function, either with attacking or sex0ring mobs and any item value set in Get Items other than "0 Items".

Maybe I just don't remember how that was supposed to work?

Regarding Last Adventure, the link is suppose to appear under the avatar, spaced down a bit below Sex and above Health, yes?

If so, well, is just not appearing for me. But I'll go to my extension and check the actual scripts, maybe uninstall/reinstall.

-edit: Looking through Tampermonkey, from what I can see and tell, things look okay, with scripts showing installed and all that. I'll consider reinstalls here in a bit.

-edit again: Okay, all of a sudden Last Adventure decided to start functioning, it seems. Link in the right place, takes me to the last area, all is working great. No idea what's up with that.

If you go to the tampermonkey dashboard and double click the script, it will bring up the script text. On the there is a tab for setting, under which there are some gm/tm compatibility options. Try checking some of those and see if it helps (make sure you save each time). I will look later at if I can replicate it.

On last adventure, it only shows the link if you are still on the correct planet and everything. Were you moving around?

Yeah, found that section. Right now only Includes/Excludes/Matches are checked with two Includes, and then down under the GM/FF compatibility options, only "Apply compatibility options to @require scripts too" is currently active, with six available that aren't. I'll play with those check boxes and see what if anything they do to help out or not, and let you know.

I wasn't moving around during the actual testing, but I now realize that I was testing it on Planet X, and I seem to recall there maybe being some issue with the special content areas not being coded in or something. Not sure...

Anyway, the area that wasn't working was the crater. Still isn't, for whatever it's worth. But, I've gotten it working at multiple other locations on different planets, so all seems well, at least well enough for general needs.

Can you take a screenshot of all of the inputs or copy the values here so I can try to replicate the issue?

Mmm, sure. What, just the menu bar up top? Or do you want all the individual values for each input as well, like individual sex0rz? Eh, I'll just list what I happen to be running right now.

Reset Drops (0), Stop at 200 turns remaining, Stop at NaN HP, Sex0rz .... null

Aaaaand... can't get the rest, at least not from the user interface.

Okay, this is where it's now weird. When I'd looked initially, there were several of the mobs from the Phallorus beach there since I'd used it there last. Then I went and ran a couple turns on Flambe at the chef school to get the script up, and saw there was null showing. I thought that was weird, so I went to Phallorus to see if things would get normal back at the beach, and now.... the script is gone, it doesn't even come up at the top of the screen when running turns.

I'm guessing some of this has to do with me not having run this extension before and not knowing how things 'normally' operate, but for example, the red number on the Tampermonkey icon, which I assume is telling how many scripts are active, fluctuates for no apparently good reason, from 2-10. I've no idea on this... it's weird.

Anyway... I'll mess with this later, when I can get that, I'll screenshot it and post that at least.

go here:
    %localappdata%\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases

and delete the database related to auto accost it should show up again. The database got corrupted. Not sure if that will be a different location on your chromebook. It will be a long string matching the script that is stored, so it may be slightly difficult to locate.

I have some plans to change it so that won't happen, but you are not the first person that has happened to.

Yeah, I don't know. Some stuff works, some doesn't, some works sometimes, some sometimes stops working.

I think I'll just try removing the extension and everything, the reinstall from the ground up and work in one extension at a time.

I wouldn't spend much any time pondering what to me looks like a shitstorm of fail in action on this end right now, man.

Hmm... okay, I'll try and see if I can find that. If not, I'll just try what I said and reinstall things. But later today... 3am isn't the best time for my brain to work at peak.

I do appreciate the help here, just figures things would be so difficult. :P

-edit: Yeah... no idea about how to access those files on Chrome OS. But in any case, deleting the script and reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue and I got the AutoAccost bar back. I'll go poke now and see if it is working properly entire. Reinstalling the script alone worked for a moment, but it's gone again. I'll try reinstalling the extension later.

A trade route finder script for chrome has been uploaded to the repository. Please don't use this on firefox, use the other one. Not extensively tested, but seems to work.

Quote "crashnburn11":  

A trade route finder script for chrome has been uploaded to the repository. Please don't use this on firefox, use the other one. Not extensively tested, but seems to work.

Oh my goodness, thank you very much, crash.

Looks like it is working fine from a glance, though it doesn't give my currently unexplored sectors, just the listing "0 unexplored sectors:".

Hardly end of the world, particularly without the multi-probe stuff, but there is that.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Oh my goodness, thank you very much, crash.

Looks like it is working fine from a glance, though it doesn't give my currently unexplored sectors, just the listing "0 unexplored sectors:".

Hardly end of the world, particularly without the multi-probe stuff, but there is that.

The unexplored sectors part is what was breaking it so I commented it out. May be able to fix it but haven't figured it out.

Oh, okay. Absolutely cool, having all that other functionality is far more crucial in any case. Happy trading!

Thanks again.

Rakka,

Try the new version for me, I don't have any unexplored sectors to test with.

Seems entirely non-functional now.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Seems entirely non-functional now.

Please try new version

edit: the warp probe launcher also works for me in Chrome. Does it not function at all for you? I'll check to see if I modified it at some point

edit2: nope, looks like the same one that is uploaded. I reinstalled to verify.

Well, I tried reinstalling both those again, but that resulted in a popup saying

The page at www.secretsoceitywars.com says
    [objectHTMLDivElement]

then gives a checkbox to "not allow other instances" and that, I think, seems to disable all the scripts on Tampermonkey.

I'm just going to try uninstalling that whole extension and go from scratch once more.

Also... never again will I get a Chromebook. Never.

Okay, have uninstalled Tampermonkey, reinstalled, reinstalled scripts. The trade route finder, drone locations, and control percentage seem to function, though now it takes a good 15 seconds or longer for the data to display.

Aside that, still getting a "0 unexplored sectors" value.

However, the probe launching script does now launch multiple probes okay, so that's a plus. :D

Sorry this is being so difficult, I hope I'm at least making some sense in what I'm saying...

Please try new version. Last version took longer for me too, but wasn't sure if it was working or not.

Loads as expected now.

Still getting the 0 unexplored sectors.

I did get that popup for "[object HTML DivElement]" again, but went ahead and checked prevent additional dialogs, and things seemed to work anyway, so, whatever with that.