HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

How to survive in a space filled with nasty pvp'ers

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Help Desk

• Posted By: Vonbek  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

How to survive in a space filled with nasty pvp'ers
    This is an addendum to This Previous Post

Of late, there has been some ruffled feathers over unwanted amorous advances in space and unexpected travel through space as a result of being pvp'd.

Thus, i figure i will throw a post up here and hope that everyone, as a good popsickle should, reads the forums on a daily basis.

Ground Rules

1. This game has PvP space combat when a certain degree is surpassed.

2. This game has PvPSex0r in space when a certain degree is surpassed.

3. This is an intentional mechanism for the game and an IMPORTANT part of the game.

4. This doesn't mean you will be forced to participate in something you find undesirable.

Ways to avoid space combat

1. Amazingly, players of this game usually are and behave as logical and emotionally stable adults (except for that Vonbek guy, he's just a whiney three year old). Resolve your dislike of PvP by kindly asking the player who has just PvP'd you to please not do so in the future. Amazingly, by asking, nicely, not to be PvP'd, you'd get PvP'd a lot less.

2. The PvP mechanics dictates that a person who has HP below a certain level CAN NOT be PvP'd. Find out what that level is, get thee below that level in HP, then enjoys the ethereal wonders of space at your own pleasure.

3. Become an Amaranth Pig-dog. Learn the way of the power and power balance and become Grey. Amaranth CAN NOT be PvP'd.

4. Play smarter and leverage your equipment (including the various IOTMs) to the max. It is not a sure bet towards not getting PvP'd, but it will certainly held decrease the chances!

Ways to avoid unwanted space sex0r

1. Go to where you set your PvPSex0r messages. Turn OFF all your Sex0r success messages and just leave your fail messages on. Not only will you not get sex0r'd successfully, you might even pick up stray stats occasionally from denying your unwanted space suitors and cock-teasing them.

2. See 1 from Ways to avoid space combat

3. There is no number three (see reply by Munk below)

Alright... so there you have it, ways to avoid unpleasantness in space. Please consider the tips and use them to your advantage. Chat is a friendly place where folks come to unwind, talk mostly about b00bs and other assorted body parts. Space is where the monsters reside.
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Vonbek":  

3. See 3 from Ways to avoid space combat

actually, Amaranths are not immune from PvP Sex0r (PsP).
  • Posted By: Timopotamus  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Vonbek":  

3. See 3 from Ways to avoid space combat

actually, Amaranths are not immune from PvP Sex0r (PsP).

Yup. I found that out the hard way.
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Also, if you don't want to wander around beat up all the time, you can run away, it is not terribly difficult. But if you are in space BE AWARE, do not multi and let youtself get distracted or you will get beat up.
  • Posted By: PhilipKDick  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Is there a guide on how to become one of those nasty PVPers? My PVP skillz suck, and I've got a good gun and some good equipment, but I always lose, weather I initiate or am ambushed...
  • Posted By: TheDudeAbides  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Not a guide, but I'm more than willing to help out. Just smail me and I'll give you some hints and such.
  • Posted By: stoicheroic  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "TheDudeAbides":  

Not a guide, but I'm more than willing to help out. Just smail me and I'll give you some hints and such.

TheDude is here to pump YOU up... why, just look what his excellent "how to be a pvper in 3 easy steps" did for me?... I couldn't be happier!
  • Posted By: pandamonieum  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I think I misunderstood something? I'm Amaranth atm so I thought it was ok to stay in space, but when I logged in I discovered I got pvp'd all to hell. I thought Amaranth's couldn't get pvp'd?
  • Posted By: Juggle  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "pandamonieum":  

I think I misunderstood something? I'm Amaranth atm so I thought it was ok to stay in space, but when I logged in I discovered I got pvp'd all to hell. I thought Amaranth's couldn't get pvp'd?

It's a good habit to keep up with at least the "Announcements" forum:

Read Munk's post here
  • Posted By: ThatKat  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

That was changed. In the past, Amaranth lost their pvp immunity when the Emporer's drones dropped below a certain % in space. Since this round began without any of the Emporer's drones in space, there was no pvp immunity this time.
  • Posted By: AxiSShadowbane  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Also, it is VERY easy to shift someone out of Amaranth so you can be pvp'd.

This isn't relevant to this discussion due to the announcements but it was an issue before this cycle.
  • Posted By: KrazyK  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I tried it your way, I asked politely to not be PvPed but all i got was a reply basically saying no. I guess asking politely doesn't work anymore.
  • Posted By: ThatKat  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

If you're in space, you're going to get hit. You'll get used to it after awhile and it's usually not personal. The best thing that you can do is to be quick when you're out there and build up your stats so that people will think twice about hitting you. Make sure your important stuff is in storage so that you don't lose it.

People have been crying about getting pvp'd since the start of the game, and there will always be new folks that will cry about it. It's a part of the game and while it may not be everyone's favorite part, it is what it is. You can ask not to be pvp'd, you can demand and pout. Some people have even quit the game because they didn't like it. But it's not going to change. The only thing that will change is you getting smarter and more efficient with your space time.
  • Posted By: PhilipKDick  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

there are 1089 sectors, of which about 200+/- are strategically important. there are usually about 15-30 people playing at any given time, of those maybe 5 or 6 -TOPS- are looking for a PvP fight...

The odds of getting hit seem relatively small to me. I cannot even tell you how many 1000's of turns I've wasted just wandering across the board looking for a fight. It's not easy to find you floaters, either!
  • Posted By: Janos  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

At least we have Huggles & Ponies now... back in my day, bla, bla, bla. Codger Alert!
  • Posted By: datacore  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

It's really your choice to play this game to be weak or to play it to be strong. If you play it to be weak and get blasted when you get off a planet, you can cry and whine and moan all you want.

It only sounds more pathetic by the minute.
  • Posted By: pyroanarchist  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "KrazyK":  

I tried it your way, I asked politely to not be PvPed but all i got was a reply basically saying no. I guess asking politely doesn't work anymore.

Not to mention, I didn't even hit him that 3rd time after he asked... in case anyone was curious.
  • Posted By: P4UL  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Plus if you are nice about getting pvp'd sometimes you'll get free stuff cause they weren't bitched at. =D *hurray*
  • Posted By: KrazyK  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

So just a question. what exactly are the stats involved in pvp? i only ask cause i was attacked while cruising space and i guess i won. so i just wondered why. higher con? more combat xp? more luck? what is it
  • Posted By: P4UL  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

All of the above and more.
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

except Power