HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Huggles & Pwnies, bitches!

Secret Society Wars  »  Community

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Huggles & Pwnies, bitches!
    Well, right when we relaunched the game in November, quite a few of you asked "What about Huggles & Ponies?" - and at the time I couldn't find a complete copy of the backup of that old joke game. You remember, it came about because people used to complain about PvP to the common refrain "This ain't Huggles & Ponies, you know!"

Anyway, it undoubtedly broken in many ways, and was never fully realized as a game in the first place, as it was more about exploring a new interface system that I was into at the time - but it's up and running. Go huggle some people to death while it lasts!

See "H&P" link in upper right of SSW screen.
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

The link does not appear to do anything.

Windows 10, chrome
  • Posted By: McFeisty  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

The link does not appear to do anything.

Doesn't for me, either. I'm on Linux Mint (Rebecca), wondered if that had any bearing. Firefox. Smailed Munk, just as he was logging off, of course. ;)
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Didn't work for me at first, but did after I refreshed the page (using the actual reload button, not just closing and coming back).
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Rickton":  

Didn't work for me at first, but did after I refreshed the page (using the actual reload button, not just closing and coming back).

Same.
  • Posted By: Vonbek  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Quote "Rickton":  

Same.

same again... strange game...
  • Posted By: Vonbek  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

BTW, the "Please Read This" link on the H&P Screen dropped me into a "this domain is available" page in Chinese and English (yay! bilingual language speaker for the win!)... so... ummm... didn't make the game make any more sense... unless it is a socio-political commentary on the influence of China, the Chinese Culture, Tofu in general, on the world or Western Cultural ascetics... or possibly as a protest to the poor human rights record of China? (more huggles ye Chinese Central Government politicos!!! and Ponies in every home!!!) ... now i wants me some orange chicken...
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Rickton":  

Browsers are not very good at loading new versions of javascript files, unless the name changes.
    (it is often recommended to put a ..._v###... inside your javascript file names and increment by 1 every time you change something)
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Vonbek":  

BTW, the "Please Read This" link on the H&P Screen dropped me into a "this domain is available" page in Chinese and English (yay! bilingual language speaker for the win!)... so... ummm... didn't make the game make any more sense... unless it is a socio-political commentary on the influence of China, the Chinese Culture, Tofu in general, on the world or Western Cultural ascetics... or possibly as a protest to the poor human rights record of China? (more huggles ye Chinese Central Government politicos!!! and Ponies in every home!!!) ... now i wants me some orange chicken...

ahh yeah, don't own that domain anymore, it got snapped up by some automated Chinese domain-squatting robot when I let it lapse. H&P lives at tipsytypewriter.com, a spare domain I just happened to have lying around. Link is fixed now (: