HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

I've been working on a game...

Secret Society Wars  »  General Discusso

• Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I've been working on a game...
    I've been working on a game that might interest SSW players, and I'm pretty close to done. It's horror-themed rather than scifi, but it's built along similar lines: a browser-based RPG that revolves around membership in one of several secret societies along with other players, with whom you work together against the other societies.
    It's not a clone or anything, the gameplay's pretty different, but since SSW might be going away I thought I'd mention it here to see if anyone's interested. If you are, smail me your e-mail address or some other form of contact info so I can get in touch with you when I'm done (and if people are actually interested maybe this will give me the drive to actually finish the damn thing).

If you want a "preview," there's another game running with an older version of the "engine" but it's been pretty much abandoned. The one I'm working on has a lot of differences, but at the very least the battle system is still the same.
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Alright, thanks to everyone who's Smailed me, you've actually gotten me working on it again. :)
    I'm pretty close to having it ready. Fingers crossed, it should be sometime next month.
  • Posted By: prydera  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

For anyone looking for something a little different, and a lot older, I have a stock MUD running at http://99.32.86.211 . I have a Java Applet set to login from the webpage, or you can use any telnet client and connect to 99.32.86.211 at port 4000, and play from there.

For those that want to connect through a client, I recommend using either Putty as a direct SSH/Telnet client, or downloading and using Mush Client from http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/mushclient.htm if you are looking to play MUDs with a little more automation (a lot less typing).

I am hosting and running this from home for now, and need to see what the bandwidth load is going to look like, so feel free to login and create multiple characters for right now. Everything will be PWiped and you will need to recreate before we go to Beta release anyway.

For those that have MUD experience, I will need builders to assist with the World conversion once we get to that point. If you are interested and want to help out, shoot me a smail or post a message in the game to Prydera. The post office can be found 2 south, 1 east, 1 north from start point.
  • Posted By: Fubushi  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "prydera":  

For anyone looking for something a little different, and a lot older, I have a stock MUD running at http://99.32.86.211 . I have a Java Applet set to login from the webpage, or you can use any telnet client and connect to 99.32.86.211 at port 4000, and play from there.

That reminds me - you can reach me as McSnarf on LambdaMOO, but I very rarely check that one... Will give the MUD a glimpse, though!
  • Posted By: hAvAAck  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I run a minecraft server, but it's down right now. If you want in on that just shoot me a pm somewhere..