HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Introducing: the Jim Baccus Magnotronic Damage Enhancement Booze Belt!

Secret Society Wars  »  Minor Updates

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

This is a booze belt that would make Baccus proud. Wearing it close to your kidneys makes it appear that you are 3 less drunk than you actually are, as long as you have it equipped. The belt has magnotronic properties that are quite attractive to money. Wearing this belt while in combat can also enable your weapon to do up to 10 more points of damage than it normally does.

Check Databuddy for the recipe, if you haven't figured it out already.
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

BTW, questions about the "appear that youa re 3 less drunk" part.
    1) Does this affect how much drunkness a number one removes (i.e., can I get bigger relief and more pitchers by just removing the belt first)?
    2) Will my drunkness continue to decrease "under the hood" even when my apparent drunkness is zero? (as opposed to the apparent drunkness staying zero, and then when I remove the belt, I will have 3 drunkness no matter how long I rested)

Quote "xKiv":  

BTW, questions about the "appear that youa re 3 less drunk" part.
    1) Does this affect how much drunkness a number one removes (i.e., can I get bigger relief and more pitchers by just removing the belt first)?
    2) Will my drunkness continue to decrease "under the hood" even when my apparent drunkness is zero? (as opposed to the apparent drunkness staying zero, and then when I remove the belt, I will have 3 drunkness no matter how long I rested)

It operates the same as the long-existing Baccus belt in that respect. It basically reduces your apparent drunk level by 3 at the attribute level. it can't go below 0 though.

Quote "munk":  

It operates the same as the long-existing Baccus belt in that respect. It basically reduces your apparent drunk level by 3 at the attribute level. it can't go below 0 though.

Well, I wanted to ask those questions about the old baccus belt too, and this was a good excuse.
    Saying that it changes the "apparent drunk level" doesn't tell me much, because I don't know which parts of the game mechanics use which drunk level.

Quote "xKiv":  

Quote "munk":  

Well, I wanted to ask those questions about the old baccus belt too, and this was a good excuse.
    Saying that it changes the "apparent drunk level" doesn't tell me much, because I don't know which parts of the game mechanics use which drunk level.

"at the attribute level" indicates that it happens at the point your drunk level is read from the database, but before it is passed to any game mechanic.

thus, if you were 4 drunk and put on the belt, you would "appear" to be 1 drunk to any game function that wanted to know. If you were 0 drunk and put on the belt and drank 1 drink. you would "appear" to be still 0 drunk. if you then take off the belt, you would be 1 drunk.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

As a general rule, I take off the belt before using the bathroom, as that it seemed more reasonable that a higher visible drunk level would result in a potential greater decrease upon using the facilities.

I don't know if that was the case or not, but I was always interested too.
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Actually, it is a good idea to leave the belt on in the restroom. If the restroom tells you you lose say 13 drunk, you will actually lose an additional 3 points in real drunkeness. I'm assuming it takes the post belt value, minuses 13, and then puts it directly into the DB, which the belt is then applied to again.

So, to test my question 2:

I had 2 drunkness (and 1 fullness to verify that hourover actually hit).
    Put on the belt. (drunkness shown: 0)
    Waited for full hour.
    Verified that fullness dropped (to 0). (drunkness shown: still 0, obviously)
    Put away the belt.
    Drunkness: 1.
    So that works satisfactorily.