Karaoke?

Secret Society Wars  »  General Discusso

• Posted By: UniqueCrash5  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Karaoke?
    Do you indulge?

I went out this eve and did:
    Cake - Short Skirt Long Jacket
    Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy
    Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood (with my wife, I did the rap bit)
    Men at Work - Down Under

edit: Men at Work, not Mean at Work. I'm surprised y'all missed that but not to worry, my wife has mocked me appropriately
  • Posted By: Liyana  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I LOVE karaoke. :)

I currently prefer to do

Annie Lennox - Here comes the Rain Again
    Garbage - #1 Crush, The World is not Enough
    DeVinyls - I Touch Myself
    Amy Winehouse - Rehab, Back to Black, and You Know I'm No Good.

haven't had a chance yet, but want to do Adele - Set Fire to the Rain
  • Posted By: TFwO  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Went to a wedding this previous weekend and did a B52 - Love Shack duet just to shut my friend's drunk wife to shut up. I actually had fun. I wanted to sing Wild Wild Life by Talking Heads but we ran out of time.
    I also wanted to thank the DeVinyls for that wonderful song and all the perfomances I have been able to watch because of it.
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

There is only one Karaoke song I'll do: The Champ's "Tequila".
  • Posted By: Perkk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I don't go very often, but over the years it seems like I always kept encountering either Blue Bayou or Daniel My Brother every time I did go out.

I did Leather and Lace once, last minute fill in for someone who chickened out. It got easier when I remembered it was a duet. So that's why the lyrics were in two colors! Apparently I can *sometimes* do an okay Stevie Nicks.

I made a train wreck of Tainted Love once. Not my key. I thought it would be easy. It wasn't. It was on a date with someone who could sing very well and he wanted me to give it a try. I like to sing, but others often don't like it when I do. I can be on key, or off key, I don't always know the difference.

I did Que Sera Sera nicely. This later lent itself to Bear Sera Sera. Small town gay bars can be so fun. Booze and lots of campy music on a playing field not burdened by talent.

I got a polite ovation for When Doves Cry. I was a on vacation in Hawaii. I think it was a welcome change from the regular tunes sung by the regulars. Fresh meat may have been a factor, booze certainly was.

I accidentally did Daydream Believer once. I was in London. The whole pub was singing along, when I realized they were all looking at me and my friends (also American). We were standing in the only spot that had any room (European proximity is so different from American standards). It turns out, it was the one spot that didn't have a view to a monitor, we were one of them. They couldn't believe that we knew the words to one of *their* songs without reading them.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

sadly i'm good at "copa cabana", and have fun with garth brooks but have always wanted to try breaking benjimin or flaw. oh and did "i touch myself" with julionics at a bar....good times