HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Lucky You!

Secret Society Wars  »  Announcements

• Posted By: EmperorNorton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Lucky You!
    A strange anomaly has been reported in Sector 4. As usual, we advise you to approach the situation with extreme inebriation.
  • Posted By: Vladrin  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Don't trust the databuddy here
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!
  • Posted By: McFeisty  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Welcome to the home sector of the Red Planet Mars. Mars is currently on vacation, can we take a message?

Um, am I too little or something? I'm Degree 28...
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

It doesn't show for me either, however, the sector density indicates the presence of a planet.

I seem to remember something about inebriation letting you see things you might otherwise not be able to.... but it has been an awful long time.

Yes, inebriation, and then those Yehawdies wouldn't help me with it, though last time I had to deal with them I ended up 380% drunk before I had enough towels, ugh!

Now:
    A dark and mysterious cave!

You walk cautiously through the dark cavern, passing the corpse of the Incubus Goat. In the back of the cave you find a blue-shirted man tied up, and you hurriedly untie him and ask him the secret of the spice. He stands up and sneers at you, and his forehead gets wrinkly, but he seems to re-think getting angry and the wrinkles disappear.

He shakes his head as if to clear it, and then says:

"Ahh sorry, almost lost control of myself there, and that would be illogical. I suppose I owe you a debt of gratitude for releasing me from the Incubus Goat, so I will give you a sample of the Spice Melange that I have created. I will not tell you the secret, because I don't want that overbearing fop, Captain Dirk, to get it. I will confirm that there is a link between the Doonkats and the Spice, however. Now I must go."

Spike hands you a small bottle of the spice and leaves.
    ----
    A dark and mysterious cave!

You walk cautiously through the dark cavern, passing several Redshirts who nod at you formally as you go by. Before long, you come to a small alcove at the end of the cavern full of supply crates. Captain Dirk stands here.

He looks up at you as you approach and speaks...

"ENSIGN... HAVE.. YOU... RESCUED SPIKE... FROM.. THE...."

You interrupt him with an impatient wave and say that you have indeed rescued Spike, but that he was not forthcoming with the secret. Dirk looks shocked at this.

Dirk sees that you have a bottle of Melange and grabs it from you, opens it greedily, and dumps it on his butt. You both wait expectantly, but nothing happens.

"DAMMIT, MCFEISTY! IT... DIDN'T... WORK! THE NATIVES.. SAID... THAT YOU.... NEED.. MELANGE... TO MAKE.. THE.. WATER.. OF... LIFE... ENSIGN! I... NEED.. YOU TO... FIGURE.. OUT..."

You wave him back to silence impatiently and state that you can handle finishing off the job that Spike started: To manufacture Melange and somehow turn it into the Water of Life. Dirk nods eagerly at your quick understanding, and you head out of the cave to ponder the problem.
    [The fabled Melange of the Spice Deserts of Mars!] Taking 1 Melange.
    Poor you, now you have none.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Do you remember how you get the 'water of life' in Dune?

Yeah, I should've done it before going in there, Databuddy says what it returns. But I didn't know he'd take it! I don't think I've ever done this holiday before...