HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

New DataBuddy!

Secret Society Wars  »  Minor Updates

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

New DataBuddy!
    The DataBuddy has been gutted of it's previous never-implemented functionality and has been turned into what is essentially SpoilerBot. It is now an encyclopaedia of every item, monster, costume, recipe, planet and port in the game and it will happily inform you what everything is, what it does and where to find or make it.

Basically, I felt it was usually the case that people would look up stuff in the wiki habitually to figure out where things were and how to make them. Now that the Wiki is gone, DataBuddy now serves this purpose. Confusion isn't fun, eh? :D
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

very cool! thank you sir!
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Woohoo, that'll be mighty handy, munk. Thanks so much. :D
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Freaking AWESOME!!!!!! Who knew you could make a banana phone!
  • Posted By: TFwO  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

nice!

I have a question about the Trader entries in the data buddy. Are they updated everyday? cause the one in there for sector 78 (trader cal's) seems to be wrong, unless I'm just misunderstanding this

the one i'm seeing in space buys and sells for much higher
  • Posted By: Vladrin  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

I have a question about the Trader entries in the data buddy. Are they updated everyday? cause the one in there for sector 78 (trader cal's) seems to be wrong, unless I'm just misunderstanding this

I noticed that too but not just with the one port. they all seam to have the wrong prices.
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

This is pretty awesome

Quote "Salen":  

try now (:

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

try now (:

yup that is it, thanks!
  • Posted By: UniqueCrash5  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

So the new Databuddy is pretty sweet, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get to it except by hitting the front page.

Maybe a link on the Help page would be a good idea, possibly even in there with the "<< SSW Help Center | View All FAQs | Create FAQ Entry" links, and/or in the intro on that page. It many ways it supersedes the old Help page...
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

There's a link in the "Your Stuff" drop down menu.
  • Posted By: UniqueCrash5  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Rakkasan":  

There's a link in the "Your Stuff" drop down menu.

Ah. So there is.

I stand by my suggestion tho, just from a new-user-experience standpoint...

Quote "UniqueCrash5":  

So the new Databuddy is pretty sweet, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get to it except by hitting the front page.

Maybe a link on the Help page would be a good idea, possibly even in there with the "<< SSW Help Center | View All FAQs | Create FAQ Entry" links, and/or in the intro on that page. It many ways it supersedes the old Help page...

Ok. Now up top where the "RADIO" and "L337 HUT" links were.
  • Posted By: PhilipKDick  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

did this replace the 1337 hut?

Quote "PhilipKDick":  

did this replace the 1337 hut?

No, there are just plenty of other ways to get to the hut. didn't seem like it needed to be a main menu item.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Flambe miniquest is asking for a Tamal, which requires a corn husk. Databuddy doesn't say where the corn husk comes from. Is this something for a zone in development?

Quote "grimdel":  

Flambe miniquest is asking for a Tamal, which requires a corn husk. Databuddy doesn't say where the corn husk comes from. Is this something for a zone in development?

You might try the most obvious thing. You're feeling hungry, right?