HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

New Players Fresh Ideas

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Help Desk

• Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

New Players Fresh Ideas
    So we have some new players and one has to wonder...Do they have ideas? Admittedly nothing new might be ever written, but that spark, that flame that ignites passion in someone, well you just never know. So I thought I might put this here, for anyone to just say "Hey how about this?" or even, "Might it be better this way?"

A lot of questions may just be answered simply "Because it would break things" or my favorite from ages past, "Because it would make things meta" LOL

So here it is, have at thee

The Space Hippie

Maybe on Hedrock since there isn't really anything there. Possibly that's where we could get the headphones for the 32nd degree. Maybe he would want a Peace necklace of some sort that we would have to make (Isnt there a chicken feather necklace?)anyway it would be like a tribute to a fallen comrade (Toohless) and he could say things like "Peace and Love" and so forth. figured i'd put this out there since we were talking about it in chat one day
  • Posted By: Vladrin  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I am in support of that idea
  • Posted By: Vladrin  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

new content suggestion. Vaping as an alternative to smoking. Maybe a vape Iotm that could use dank bud or cigarettes so they don't hurt you and still give confidence?
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

A possibly interesting item for the 1337 hut would be a necklace that is an electro-magnet that can use a variable polarity and strength field to push or pull mobs to a given range at the start of an encounter. Like you can dial in an IP range and that's what all encounters will start at.

Another thing I'd like to see, would be the possibility of having non-active player/non-submitted DNA orphaned doppelpets be discovered while wandering space, sort of like now with the submitted ones. It'd be awesome to be able to make more/better use of that expanded cage slot capacity.

NEW OUT FIT! Khakis and Jock Shirt (Jake from State farm - Insurance helper)
  • Posted By: adsynth  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

Jake from State Farm, She sounds hideous.

Another funny idea....maybe the jock outfit helps in the Power Gym? maybe if you wear it the turns wouldn't be so bad? just trying to get people to farm the outfits more...make a use for them besides just best dressed :)
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

Check!

Quote "Salen":  

Another funny idea....maybe the jock outfit helps in the Power Gym? maybe if you wear it the turns wouldn't be so bad? just trying to get people to farm the outfits more...make a use for them besides just best dressed :)

check. also drastically reduced the turn cost per power earned in the gym.

Quote "Salen":  

The Space Hippie

Maybe on Hedrock since there isn't really anything there. Possibly that's where we could get the headphones for the 32nd degree. Maybe he would want a Peace necklace of some sort that we would have to make (Isnt there a chicken feather necklace?)anyway it would be like a tribute to a fallen comrade (Toohless) and he could say things like "Peace and Love" and so forth. figured i'd put this out there since we were talking about it in chat one day

Check, sort of.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

Check!

Check, Check - Discount Double-Check?

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Another thing I'd like to see, would be the possibility of having non-active player/non-submitted DNA orphaned doppelpets be discovered while wandering space, sort of like now with the submitted ones. It'd be awesome to be able to make more/better use of that expanded cage slot capacity.

Hmmn, I remember doing this random DP drop in space, but I forget where it happens (ie: what are you doing when it happens), and can't find the code code block. There could be issues, but I'd look at it if I knew where it happened.

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

Check!

awesome!! and that's why I love this game!

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

The Space Hippie

Check, sort of.

*sniff* thank you, found it and it made my night

ok had to go to Boria for more batteries and thought of an idea. What if there was another side quest here like Hedrock, and Yipikatrain. Each side is looking for something that is at the end of the maze (battleground) and you need to look like either a cap or a mask to deliver it....just thought id throw that out there
  • Posted By: adsynth  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

ok had to go to Boria for more batteries and thought of an idea. What if there was another side quest here like Hedrock, and Yipikatrain. Each side is looking for something that is at the end of the maze (battleground) and you need to look like either a cap or a mask to deliver it....just thought id throw that out there

That may or may not be in the works...

Ok I know its a whole month away, but heres a good one for an ITOM. A drone catcher. when you attack a sector with drones, instead of killing most of them, you capture a small percentage of them (maybe 5 out of every 1000) and here is the thing that made me think of it:

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/04/the-skywall-100-bazooka-captures-drones-with-a-giant-net/

Quote "Salen":  

Ok I know its a whole month away, but heres a good one for an ITOM. A drone catcher. when you attack a sector with drones, instead of killing most of them, you capture a small percentage of them (maybe 5 out of every 1000) and here is the thing that made me think of it:

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/04/the-skywall-100-bazooka-captures-drones-with-a-giant-net/

hmmn, interesting... (:
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

hmmn, interesting... (:

If you failed to have enough to take a sector you could get tangled in the net and have a slightly higher defensive advantage loss too (eg less of their drones get obliterated)
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

It seems to be a little much to 'steal' drones, but I don't see why you can't have a mini-recycler to produce battle tokens or something from the debris. Or maybe a replicator that spits out random goodies - like laddie moe bags or comet drops, and maybe a chance of drones? Or maybe like a mini-Mr Fusion that spits out a few trade hypos?

And speaking of drone warfare - how about new facility types? A shield station that helps protect drones, or a *finger quote* lazer *finger quot* station that helps defend? something that manipulates the percentage of losses on one or the other side? Or maybe instead of new facilities, additional battery slots in existing facilities that power battle shields (vs the existing radiation shields) and lazers, draining over time, and/or draining when the sector is hit.