HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Nov 2015, knockin' out the mothballs & spiderwebs..

Secret Society Wars  »  Announcements

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Nov 2015, knockin' out the mothballs & spiderwebs..
    Well, someone asked if there could be a 10th Anniversary round of SSW in 2016, so here I am waking up the Cron Daemons and dusting off the reset button...
  • Posted By: Liyana  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

We should have an annual anniversary round after this!!
  • Posted By: HojoHominygrits  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Holy shit, 10 years?

No wonder I don't remember how to do... anything!
  • Posted By: ToriForte  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

insert obligatory "I was here" forum post here. Cool!
  • Posted By: Boozerbear  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Liyana":  

We should have an annual anniversary round after this!!

Well, we'll see how it goes. We're off to a nice start, though. (:
  • Posted By: Ignatious  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Boozerbear":  

Well, we'll see how it goes. We're off to a nice start, though. (:

I have to say this was a nice surprise. Im having a very nice time, even if i forgot everything i once knew.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Ignatious":  

I have to say this was a nice surprise. Im having a very nice time, even if i forgot everything i once knew.

A real treat for sure, I'd honestly been jonesing for some good space war action for awhile.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

really it was a hail mary pass that I just figured I'd throw it out there...after I fainted from the "lets see if enough people are interested" I did my happy dance and freaked out for another 15 mins...god I love this. Tried a couple other games, even di a wiki for Pleasantville by Night (Rickton's game) but that shut down too. So glad for this reunion (I won't cry damnit I won't)
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are... (:
  • Posted By: sadieseaside  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

really it was a hail mary pass that I just figured I'd throw it out there...after I fainted from the "lets see if enough people are interested" I did my happy dance and freaked out for another 15 mins...god I love this. Tried a couple other games, even di a wiki for Pleasantville by Night (Rickton's game) but that shut down too. So glad for this reunion (I won't cry damnit I won't)

I am happy dancing too!
  • Posted By: Juggle  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Glad to be back...but damn have I forgot a lot!

How the hell did I wind up triad!? And that's with the benefit of mobs showing their alignment now.

Anyone still have Nardo's scripts archived :D
  • Posted By: captainlongdong  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Juggle":  

Glad to be back...but damn have I forgot a lot!

How the hell did I wind up triad!? And that's with the benefit of mobs showing their alignment now.

Anyone still have Nardo's scripts archived :D

http://userscripts-mirror.org/users/55457/scripts?sort=installs

I cant get any of the scripts to work, I think Prydera mentioned they still work with FF 7.0, but havent tried.
  • Posted By: LuckyJuju  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Damn I thought those emails were a joke! I've missed days of fun :(

YAY SSW!!! :D
  • Posted By: agentseven  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Just posting to say I did.
  • Posted By: BadJuju  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

WOOT! Found my main account!!!! Why o why do I have to work tomorrow???!!!!!
  • Posted By: ToriForte  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

This thread is taking me back. :D
  • Posted By: BadJuju  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "ToriForte":  

This thread is taking me back. :D

Me too!! Even E7 is taking it for a spin :D
  • Posted By: Juggle  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "captainlongdong":  

I cant get any of the scripts to work, I think Prydera mentioned they still work with FF 7.0, but havent tried.

Thanks, found that in chat last night...but yeah seems anything that used any GM_ functions isn't working anymore. A quick google session last night found some general info about security models changing or something and new hoops to jump through...didn't dig too deep. Looks like they can be fixed but I don't really have time to dig into them right now :(

The old ore script still works, here's a copy I have laying around for anyone who wants it:

http://www.hitesman.com/jason/findoredeals.user.js

I may dig into figuring out how to get the others working again if no one else does...I really miss the healthifier, and autoadvance scripts :(
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Juggle":  

Quote "captainlongdong":  

Thanks, found that in chat last night...but yeah seems anything that used any GM_ functions isn't working anymore. A quick google session last night found some general info about security models changing or something and new hoops to jump through...didn't dig too deep. Looks like they can be fixed but I don't really have time to dig into them right now :(

The old ore script still works, here's a copy I have laying around for anyone who wants it:

I may dig into figuring out how to get the others working again if no one else does...I really miss the healthifier, and autoadvance scripts :(

I'm planning to look into some of them this weekend of I get some time in the morning one of the days
  • Posted By: captainlongdong  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Quote "Juggle":  

Quote "captainlongdong":  

I'm planning to look into some of them this weekend of I get some time in the morning one of the days

Thanks Juggle. Crash, I'm sure a lot of us would love you long time.

Adding these under the includes in most scripts seems to help alot of issues.

// @grant GM_getValue
    // @grant GM_setValue
    // @grant GM_log

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Adding these under the includes in most scripts seems to help alot of issues.

// @grant GM_getValue
    // @grant GM_setValue
    // @grant GM_log

add these to the list of potential grants that can fix scripts:
    // @grant GM_post
    // @grant GM_get
    // @grant GM_xmlhttpRequest
  • Posted By: captaneric  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

why oh why did i not keep my offline copy of the wiki and my notes... sigh... that just means i get to learn it all again WOOT!
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

check the new and improved Databuddy!