HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Price change

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Help Desk

• Posted By: Absalom  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Price change
    So...I've been gone for a fairly long time. Last I knew, 1337 Hut items increased in price over time before vanishing. Now it appears that they only increase in price once and all the old ones are available forever.

It means I overpaid for some stuff back in the day, but it also means I can get stuff I missed. Overall, I am happy with the change, but I was wondering if anyone remembered when it was changed. I'm just curious. If there's a log somewhere of the change history for the game over time, I would love to know about it, might make for some fun reading.
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

It changed right around the time that it had become very clear that IOTM sales weren't going to pay the bills anymore. Maybe a year or so ago. The last half-dozen or so new ones sold so few that I figured it made sense to just offer them all and only make new ones very occasionally. The number of active players is basically too small to bother trying to incentivize donations anymore, really. Nowadays, people will toss something in the tip jar if they'd like to help, and if it's not enough, I generally have to subsidize the rest.

Fortunately, fewer players means reduced hosting costs, so as the donations went down, so did the bills. Right now, it doesn't cost much to keep this thing running, so it works out.
  • Posted By: Absalom  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I am glad you kept it running. I may not play much, but I always liked the idea, which is the reason I donated originally.

Thank you!