HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

RPS Goggles Removed from Zoltar's

Secret Society Wars  »  Minor Updates

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

RPS Goggles Removed from Zoltar's
    After much pondering over the whole RPS sub-game and an examination of the code, I've decided that removing RPS entirely by the next reset is probably the most logical option.

I've looked at making it more attractive with better prizes (adsy's been campaigning for that) but I've found that the mechanics of the sub-game kind of dictate that the payout should never exceed the value of bets put in, and that rather limits how attractive the prizes can be. In fact, I'm pretty sure it already pays out way more on tied challenges than it should. It's just too tricky to find an attractive balance to the payouts that wouldn't just immediately become an exploit. Clearly even though it already is somewhat exploitable, still nobody likes it enough to bother trying - thus I don't think anyone will miss it because it just doesn't have enough "fun-ness" inherent in it to get anyone to bother.

Therefore, I've removed the RPS Goggles from Zoltar's Weapon Shop now, and by the next reset I'll be removing the RPS Arena completely.
  • Posted By: adsynth  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I shed a lone tear in an empty room with visions of 10,000 Avocado Pits. I will miss you, Rock. I will miss you, Scissors. Paper, you can suck it.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

any way the cosmonaut suit could drop somewhere now? I think that was the only way to get the pieces.....if I remember correctly
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

any way the cosmonaut suit could drop somewhere now? I think that was the only way to get the pieces.....if I remember correctly

Cosmonaut is currently in development. I believe it's in line to roll with some of the new stuff.