HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Shook up the food

Secret Society Wars  »  Announcements

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Shook up the food
    With the addition of Hedrok content, there's been an obvious shakeup with food - Fat Bob's aren't the best anymore, and a few of the food items that were once just rare holiday content have become more usable in recipes, requested for daily quests and more available via certain routes. This is unbalancing, but it wasn't like food had much balance before. Right now, we're hacking in ways to get certain things needed for quests, which introduces yet more imbalance.

Luckily, we have an anarchy period and a reset before next cycle. On the list for that anarchy period is allotted some time to ponder food/drink balance overall and maybe re-do all the stats on food starting with the base ingredients on out to the complex combines. We'll ponder ways to ideally make there be a number of ideal combinations and foods that are equal to each other, without having just one recipe stand out as the best.
  • Posted By: UniqueCrash5  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Change is Good!

Why as Oddfellows that's practically our mantra...
  • Posted By: sadieseaside  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "UniqueCrash5":  

Change is Good!

Why as Oddfellows that's practically our mantra...

that and we have pie and space orgies, both are good but only one burns calories.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "sadieseaside":  

that and we have pie and space orgies, both are good but only one burns calories.

Hmmmm... space pie orgy...
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I'm certainly grateful *grumbles about Oddies hogging the bobs*

*grumbles about ES'ers illegal occupation of Jork's*

Quote "grimdel":  

Pretty sure the Triad control Jorks...
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "grimdel":  

yeah we got spanked right out of there.........

Food is also in alphabetical order now on the consume list. Thank you Munk.

Quote "munk":  

With the addition of Hedrok content, there's been an obvious shakeup with food - Fat Bob's aren't the best anymore, and a few of the food items that were once just rare holiday content have become more usable in recipes, requested for daily quests and more available via certain routes. This is unbalancing, but it wasn't like food had much balance before. Right now, we're hacking in ways to get certain things needed for quests, which introduces yet more imbalance.

Does it really need rebalancing? True, Fat Bobs aren't the best, but if you can get to the store, you can get alot, whereas the stuff on Hedrok requires burning turns (alot of turns for foil). I'd think it might be a reasonable tradeoff game mechanic wise - not as great, costs spacebux, but plentiful vs fantastic, but hard to get. Or are there plans for adding some additional foodstuffs to the hedrok store?

Quote "grimdel":  

Quote "munk":  

Does it really need rebalancing? True, Fat Bobs aren't the best, but if you can get to the store, you can get alot, whereas the stuff on Hedrok requires burning turns (alot of turns for foil). I'd think it might be a reasonable tradeoff game mechanic wise - not as great, costs spacebux, but plentiful vs fantastic, but hard to get. Or are there plans for adding some additional foodstuffs to the hedrok store?

Hedrok store has soft tacos, which are better than fat bob for turns.

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

Food is also in alphabetical order now on the consume list. Thank you Munk.

Thank xKiv, he figured out the solution. :D
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

so stupid question... how does the ball of massa drop? I have tried sexor, fight, talk to the mob and nothing (spent just shy of 150 turns or so on it).

Quote "Julionics":  

so stupid question... how does the ball of massa drop? I have tried sexor, fight, talk to the mob and nothing (spent just shy of 150 turns or so on it).

It's very rare. only 3 have dropped so far.
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Julionics":  

ok.. now I don't feel so bad.

Will continue to bang away on Darla and see what I can get.

So I notice Pretzzels are incredibly bad food. Is there a reason for them to exist? To punish those who eat everything or click on the wrong thing? Or is there going to be bad food eating contests or something?
  • Posted By: adsynth  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

So I notice Pretzzels are incredibly bad food. Is there a reason for them to exist? To punish those who eat everything or click on the wrong thing? Or is there going to be bad food eating contests or something?

Sometimes you might find yourself wanting to burn turns without actually doing anything. Other than that, they serve no actual purpose at this time.
  • Posted By: adsynth  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Julionics":  

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Julionics":  

ok.. now I don't feel so bad.

Will continue to bang away on Darla and see what I can get.

Strange note on the rareness: it seems that category of drop is being avoided by most... might have to do with the Monster's alignment?

also,
    I have added Ball of Masa drops to Monsters of similar jeans genes.

Stupid Question Time (in that announcer voice from the 70's)

in the Data buddy, is there anyway to separate the Food/Drink from the other items/weapons? with out a massive code writing ordeal?
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Yeah, filter on item type would be nice.

Quote "Salen":  

in the Data buddy, is there anyway to separate the Food/Drink from the other items/weapons? with out a massive code writing ordeal?

Ok. (:
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

That looks *very* usefuler than what I though it would be.

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

Ok. (:

you sir...rock my stripy socks
  • Posted By: Schmurrr  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "xKiv":  

That looks *very* usefuler than what I though it would be.

I'll say! :)
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I really like these changes, but there's one thing that just seems wrong.
    Booze doesn't give much confidence! No liquid courage in the future?

(I know it's a balance thing because of cigarettes, but still.)