HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Some 1337 item ideas

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Discussion

• Posted By: TFwO  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Some 1337 item ideas
    so yeah i made a poll for this too if anyone wants to vote.

paper planetary pass - eliminates 100 starbux fee for travelling among planets and remove fee from Emergency IPT Station

super sassy time helmet - extra turns on hourly rollover

tiny portable sushi chef - make sushi x5 day

tiny portable bartender - make drinks x5 day

totally legal dispensary - make buds, spliffs and cigs (possibly dolphin brains?)

little giant telescope - allow you to see a random sector you haven't unlocked (like universal surveillance)

chunky cheese totem - generates battle tokens
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

How about battle token mmg (with obviously different values). A million starbux is about 8000 drones, so somewhere around that many tokens for the jackpot, otherwise 5-10 per use

btw i'm well aware the names of the items suck and should be changed heh. i was just trying to throw some ideas out there. i also see that i could have just added the poll to this conversation. doh!
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Just spitballing:

How about a Laddie Moe replicator? Gives you a laddie moe on use - 1/day? 5/day?

Or maybe a random food/nutritional replicator/dispensor (scans you for nutritional needs, and gives you food? booze? other? - with a random chance of a laddie moe?
  • Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "grimdel":  

Just spitballing:

How about a Laddie Moe replicator? Gives you a laddie moe on use - 1/day? 5/day?

Or maybe a random food/nutritional replicator/dispensor (scans you for nutritional needs, and gives you food? booze? other? - with a random chance of a laddie moe?

I did notice that you guys suddenly noticed that space was full of Laddie Moes. Comet-flavored, not so much. Is there no love for the comets?

Quote "crashnburn11":  

How about battle token mmg (with obviously different values). A million starbux is about 8000 drones, so somewhere around that many tokens for the jackpot, otherwise 5-10 per use

Quote "TFwO":  

chunky cheese totem - generates battle tokens

Thousands of Battle tokens could be a curse if you didn't have the trades to swap 'em in at Spaceman's Supply. If it's a jackpot of drones you want, try Donny Dronefighter's Mini-DMG, now available at the 1337 Hut.
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I have been snarfling up the comets. Not so much the past few days since sugar is no longer the limiter for making bananna fosters for me.

Quote "munk":  

Thousands of Battle tokens could be a curse if you didn't have the trades to swap 'em in at Spaceman's Supply.

Battle tokens have one advantage over spacebux - their value is an even trade vs fluxuating costs due to ore donations
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "grimdel":  

Just spitballing:

I did notice that you guys suddenly noticed that space was full of Laddie Moes. Comet-flavored, not so much. Is there no love for the comets?

I find the comet underwhelming to be honest. The sugar would be nice, but I don't make many recipes, plus I stocked up at degree 32. Maybe it'd be more appealing if it gave a random drink rather than just a bottle of vodka each time?

Quote "Rickton":  

Quote "munk":  

I find the comet underwhelming to be honest. The sugar would be nice, but I don't make many recipes, plus I stocked up at degree 32. Maybe it'd be more appealing if it gave a random drink rather than just a bottle of vodka each time?

ok. try it now. (:
    (you are now just as likely to get a Tranya as a Jug of Moonshine, and Vodka is not even in the drops. it's almost all compound drinks now)

Quote "munk":  

ok. try it now. (:
    (you are now just as likely to get a Tranya as a Jug of Moonshine, and Vodka is not even in the drops. it's almost all compound drinks now)

Yay! I started grabbing Comet Drops initially for the novelty, but soon had more sugar/vodka than i needed. Just curious as to the original design - why sugar & vodka only? Pun on a non-lemon lemon drop? Or intended as a fuel boost to the cocktail boots?

Quote "grimdel":  

Quote "munk":  

ok. try it now. (:

Yay! I started grabbing Comet Drops initially for the novelty, but soon had more sugar/vodka than i needed. Just curious as to the original design - why sugar & vodka only? Pun on a non-lemon lemon drop? Or intended as a fuel boost to the cocktail boots?

Sugar and booze because scientists recently discovered that that's what many comets are basically made of. Vodka for the boots, yes, but that was negotiable, obviously. (:
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Had a thought today about Crash's idea about a helmet for land use instead of space use. Really is nothing to be capitalized on land yet so here goes:

a Helmet of Quickening. "this item makes you super fast, able to get to your opponents before they can even blink an eye"

This acts as an auto advance, or makes the range on your current weapon 100IP.(which ever is more feasible) this would make melee weapons more popular especially if no one was using scripts.

just another idea...something that blocks people from seeing your display case!
  • Posted By: SilliusSoddus  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "Salen":  

Had a thought today about Crash's idea about a helmet for land use instead of space use. Really is nothing to be capitalized on land yet so here goes:

a Helmet of Quickening. "this item makes you super fast, able to get to your opponents before they can even blink an eye"

This acts as an auto advance, or makes the range on your current weapon 100IP.(which ever is more feasible) this would make melee weapons more popular especially if no one was using scripts.

Yeah ... if there were a helmet that automatically dropped you within range of your weapons in combat, I'd definitely scoop that up.

Quote "TFwO":  

just another idea...something that blocks people from seeing your display case!

heh, no. It's called a display case because you display its contents to whoever wants to see. DC Interest virii only work in DC's because the penalty for getting the interest is that you're baring your drones to the world (or for anyone clever enough to look - which if you aren't, is just another point of data you're missing on your enemies.)

Did the emperor lose this technology?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/japanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces/

Figure we could have a replicator - Mr Pooper - feed it poop, and out comes meat!

Quote "grimdel":  

Did the emperor lose this technology?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/japanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces/

Figure we could have a replicator - Mr Pooper - feed it poop, and out comes meat!

It's possible he meant to lose it. In the current Universal economy, poop is worth more than steak.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

In the current Universal economy, poop is worth more than steak.

It's worth a load.

Idea that developed in chat: an iotm that affects Yin/Yang.

Either something like a Mini-Anulda's gym - lets you tune power 1 turn for 1 yin or yang pt in the direction you chose, or maybe a limited # of charges for the day ("Time 4 Powah!", or "Be Like Norton")

Or something that acts as a yin/yang shield -> tunable to a preference setting, and 'protect' you from negative changes to your yin/yang choice. ("Power Condom")

Be especially useful if you like hopping around societies (you dirty Ammy spys)
  • Posted By: Vladrin  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

For Power control something that made Convo or Sexor more of a sure thing might be far more useful

Quote "Vladrin":  

For Power control something that made Convo or Sexor more of a sure thing might be far more useful

There are already mechanisms that do that. I would recommend wearing your society outfit as a good start

Personally I'd prefer something that tweaked the result of interactions to something that boosts sex0r chances. the dimit bonus makes it very hard to lose yang power from interactions of any sort and something to counteract that would help a lot with society flexibility.

I can understand why someone would want to stay zero power, but I don't think it should be easy to. If you want to do that, maybe you shouldn't be able to dimit or fight in extreme situations, not in spite of it. I have done that in the past (one of my first triad cycles) so I could float around if things were captured, but it never crossed my mind that munk should make this easy so everyone can do it.
  • Posted By: Rickton  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Quote "Vladrin":  

There are already mechanisms that do that. I would recommend wearing your society outfit as a good start

That mechanic's pretty opaque, I knew about the security uniform, but only because I was told, and I had no idea about what you mentioned.
    Munk, would it be possible to make it more obvious when a uniform/item is sexy? I'd imagine listing an item's sexiness in its description would probably be too obvious, but when you sex0r another player it lists out the factors that go into it, including outfit (but you can't really test many outfits out to see what's sexy since you have to wear a space suit of some kind). Would doing something like that for NPC sex0r be unreasonable? (Assuming that similar factors go into NPC sex0r)

Quote "Rickton":  

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Quote "Vladrin":  

That mechanic's pretty opaque, I knew about the security uniform, but only because I was told, and I had no idea about what you mentioned.
    Munk, would it be possible to make it more obvious when a uniform/item is sexy? I'd imagine listing an item's sexiness in its description would probably be too obvious, but when you sex0r another player it lists out the factors that go into it, including outfit (but you can't really test many outfits out to see what's sexy since you have to wear a space suit of some kind). Would doing something like that for NPC sex0r be unreasonable? (Assuming that similar factors go into NPC sex0r)

sexiness is in the databuddy for the outfits

Quote "Rickton":  

Yes, and I shall do it retroactively. check the Databuddy :D

Quote "Salen":  

Been ponderin' this, and I keep coming back to the fact that melee weapons have many advantages (power and lack of ammo consumption are biggies) precisely because they have one large disadvantage - that's range. I keep thinking that people who insist on bringing baseball bats and chopsticks to gunfights really ought to expect to get shot a couple of times before they can get in range to use those rather powerful weapons.

However, would a helmet that gave you a readout of certain stats on the mob you're facing, including remaining health, be interesting? Maybe moreso if it dropped an "M" battery or two after every winning fight?

I would find it interesting. If it gave a small chance to get another item from a monster rather than just m batteries that would be cool "eg: You use your XXX and find another Yyy in Zzz's other pocket"

Bo M batteries would rock!

Speaking of range, how about an afterburner for combat and/or pvp - something that would let you get to close range quicker?

Alternatively maybe a mini-rocket pack/boomerang for melee weapons - lets you 'shoot' your melee weapon at an opponent, and returns it back to you? (rocket punch from Tranzor-Z comes to mind)

Quote "grimdel":  

Speaking of range, how about an afterburner for combat and/or pvp - something that would let you get to close range quicker?

Alternatively maybe a mini-rocket pack/boomerang for melee weapons - lets you 'shoot' your melee weapon at an opponent, and returns it back to you? (rocket punch from Tranzor-Z comes to mind)

Quote "munk":  

Been ponderin' this, and I keep coming back to the fact that melee weapons have many advantages (power and lack of ammo consumption are biggies) precisely because they have one large disadvantage - that's range. I keep thinking that people who insist on bringing baseball bats and chopsticks to gunfights really ought to expect to get shot a couple of times before they can get in range to use those rather powerful weapons.

Quote "munk":  

Quote "grimdel":  

Quote "munk":  

I see what you did there...you quoted your quote like the same boomerang he was talking about LMAO!