HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Some words on PVP

Secret Society Wars  »  SSW Discussion

• Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Some words on PVP
    First a disclaimer, I am not a PVPer, I usually run rather than fight. However I am good friends with PyroAnarchist, who was once the most feared pirate of the space ways.

I do not know which stats to focus on, clearly others do so talk to Aces44, or Rakkasan, or Salen to find that out. I am going to focus on strategy.

I have seen a lot of comments about targets being difficult, or impossible to find for PVP, I have seen the suggestion to lurk on trading ports that give the best price with the alignment combo your targets are likely to seek, this is not bad advice but there are better ways. For one, trading ports are generally in undroned areas, which means that people who are looking for it can spot your density on the scans, for another people are usually armed when trading, which makes them slightly less desirable targets.

The best targets are miners, smart miners mine under cover of drones. That means to be a really effective PVPer you need to stay 32. Drones actually give you an advantage at that point because they hide your mass signiature on the scanner. If you lurk in a spot near an asteroid with a lot of facilities, or one that gives the ore that traders who give the right alignment for that society want then you are probably going to catch someone. The other great place to lurk is on a planet that gives convenient access to where your target wants to be. This requires a slightly more active approach, since they are going to come off the planet and leave rather quickly, but it also offers a greater diversity of targets. Of course, as a 32 you can't see facilities, or drones, so you'll need to have a 33 feed you the necessary intelligence.
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

A lot of this is going to change soon with the new degree changes, from what I've heard and understand.

Not that the actual ideas of lurking and appropriate positioning isn't going to remain legit and all, of course...

Also, checking in the who's online, and looking at equipped items is also a handy thing to narrow down who might be in space, or mining, and such. Then you'd have to be able to actually do a bounty/check location and all, but it is a good rough basis to start from.
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

It looks like the key will be staying 30, rather than 32
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

It looks like the key will be staying 30, rather than 32

29 actually, and I can't wait