HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

The number of broken things are delah.

Secret Society Wars  »  Announcements

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

The number of broken things are delah.
    Well, today we've found that nearly everything that uses the image manipulation library, including gallery uploads and most of the admin editors is white-screening. Not sure why yet, but I'm aware of it.

This appears to be fixed. It worked when I tested it anyway..

Also ACME Red Boots appear to not interface with the rocket pack now. I don't remember if they were supposed to, but until I can track down the problem with the image library, the item editor won't work, and I can't gain more info for a determination.
    UPDATE: Looks like the reporter of this bug just didn't have all the items for the costume. I show it has currently been made 0 times.
    Rocket Pack
    Acme Battlepants Mark I
    Acme Battleshirt Mark I
    ACME Red Rocket Boots
    Acme Battlegloves Mark I

Here's some helpful spoiler pages to help jog your memory:
    http://www.secretsocietywars.com/recipes.php
    http://www.secretsocietywars.com/costumes.php

The <3 Boat and Pinion Sol were live for awhile, but now they're not. (:

I'm sure there are more issues, as the years are harsh to un-maintained code. Go ahead and report new ones here in this topic and I'll see if I can get to the real showstoppers that interfere with gameplay.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

ah crap my bad sorry good sir, forgot about the battle mark suit LOL

Hmmn, looks like PvP in space whitescreens.. welp, it's now on my list. (:

fixed!

Quote "munk":  

Hmmn, looks like PvP in space whitescreens.. welp, it's now on my list. (:

fixed!

went to pvp Ignatious in 631 and it whitescreened again
  • Posted By: Ignatious  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

It tells me the player is in another fight.

Yep, PvP in space is broken. it'll whitescreen and you'll be flagged as in a fight. I'll need to set up a dummy target player to test on to track it down. for now make love, not war. (:
  • Posted By: Rakkasan  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

My DoppelPets are now constantly showing as "IN FIGHT!" status when not having any encounter, and can not be manipulated from the left sidebar.

They can be re-caged from the DoppelPet cage page, but once a new pet is selected, it automatically shows the "IN FIGHT!" status without engaging in any encounters at all.

It wasn't doing that a few hours ago.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

My DoppelPets are now constantly showing as "IN FIGHT!" status when not having any encounter, and can not be manipulated from the left sidebar.

They can be re-caged from the DoppelPet cage page, but once a new pet is selected, it automatically shows the "IN FIGHT!" status without engaging in any encounters at all.

It wasn't doing that a few hours ago.

see post above this. You're fight-flagged. (:

Well, then. Why I didn't put the two together and figure that obvious bit of gem out all on my own is entirely beyond me.

In any event, perhaps the code issue is in the DoppelPet parts instead of the actual PvP parts. Who knows... maybe fighting without a critter at your side is an option.

Thanks for politely pointing out my blindness tho. :D

trying to upload a pic to a gallery. it says I have 29 out of 30 but won't upload. Just shows post screen then goes right to please choose a pic message. Ive already posted in one gallery just fine, but now having problems with this one LOL

Quote "munk":  

Yep, PvP in space is broken. it'll whitescreen and you'll be flagged as in a fight. I'll need to set up a dummy target player to test on to track it down. for now make love, not war. (:

PvP in space is now working again! (:

Quote "Salen":  

trying to upload a pic to a gallery. it says I have 29 out of 30 but won't upload. Just shows post screen then goes right to please choose a pic message. Ive already posted in one gallery just fine, but now having problems with this one LOL

I checked this and was able to upload 30 pics to the gallery. I suspect the one you were unable to upload is probably too big, perhaps? what's the filesize?

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

I checked this and was able to upload 30 pics to the gallery. I suspect the one you were unable to upload is probably too big, perhaps? what's the filesize?

1.25 mb

Quote "Salen":  

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

1.25 mb

can you upload a different pic?

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Salen":  

1.25 mb

can you upload a different pic?

yup that was it ...so I just gotta keep em in the KB range. thanks!
  • Posted By: Schmurrr  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

The Data Buddy stopped working for me today. I tried to access it on two computers. The error message:

DataTables warning: table id=databuddy - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1

Quote "Schmurrr":  

The Data Buddy stopped working for me today. I tried to access it on two computers. The error message:

DataTables warning: table id=databuddy - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1

s' because I'm gutting it and turning it into something else... <.<
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I think the sex bombs are not working.... I know I went by at least 2 from other societies (more then once) and didn't have them go off. I can't remember how much they hurt or what triggers them (I did sit by one for a good few minutes with no earth shattering boom).

Quote "Julionics":  

I think the sex bombs are not working.... I know I went by at least 2 from other societies (more then once) and didn't have them go off. I can't remember how much they hurt or what triggers them (I did sit by one for a good few minutes with no earth shattering boom).

Yeah, I'm not even sure exactly how they worked anymore. However, in patrolling around space, I did encounter multiple bombs from other societies, ES, Oddie, Lummie, and they didn't seem to do anything, and were still present later.

However, in one of the sectors I lay claim to, there was a Triad bomb present, which has since disappeared. So... not sure, but they at least seem to be triggered by something. Somehow.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Quote "Julionics":  

Yeah, I'm not even sure exactly how they worked anymore. However, in patrolling around space, I did encounter multiple bombs from other societies, ES, Oddie, Lummie, and they didn't seem to do anything, and were still present later.

However, in one of the sectors I lay claim to, there was a Triad bomb present, which has since disappeared. So... not sure, but they at least seem to be triggered by something. Somehow.

I never ever saw them go off, I just realized that my sexiness had dropped, so just keep track of that and if it goes down drastically well...boom

they don't explode. if I recall, they're like LuvSats, except flavored.

Okay, it looks like factories aren't working properly.

I've got them running, staffed, stocked, full shields, charged, all that. No drones are being produced, just doppelpet health and shield charge are tanking every production cycle.

I just suffered a 50% loss to those things from having maxed it out the hour before. Maybe it's the rundown mechanic for end of the cycle, where factories get pretty rapidly destroyed after the war is over?

Not sure, but currently is no bueno.

So, I've pulled the pets to prevent them possibly dying on me for not babysitting them hourly. Let me know if it'd help to have them put back for you to check whatever.

Quote "Julionics":  

I've been hit by one. It happened the second time I visited the sector containing that bomb.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

I've got them running, staffed, stocked, full shields, charged, all that. No drones are being produced, just doppelpet health and shield charge are tanking every production cycle.

I just suffered a 50% loss to those things from having maxed it out the hour before. Maybe it's the rundown mechanic for end of the cycle, where factories get pretty rapidly destroyed after the war is over?

So, I've pulled the pets to prevent them possibly dying on me for not babysitting them hourly. Let me know if it'd help to have them put back for you to check whatever.

ahh yeah, you're right. the hourly roll is programmed to rapidly discharge facilities in anarchy mode (to wipe them out after a win). I'll fix that.

Quote "Schmurrr":  

Quote "Julionics":  

I've been hit by one. It happened the second time I visited the sector containing that bomb.

oh, they do explode? so many things I don't remember :D

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Rakkasan":  

ahh yeah, you're right. the hourly roll is programmed to rapidly discharge facilities in anarchy mode (to wipe them out after a win). I'll fix that.

Ok, I commented out the "fast deterioration" function in the hourly. Go ahead and see if the facilities are producing now.

ok maybe its my browser (Microsoft edge) but I reached space and saw drones in the left corner (prolly rakka?) but they are red. so just to make sure I'm not blind I dropped some of my own....same color. so can anyone verify that the two look the same or different so I know if its me? LOL

Quote "Salen":  

ok maybe its my browser (Microsoft edge) but I reached space and saw drones in the left corner (prolly rakka?) but they are red. so just to make sure I'm not blind I dropped some of my own....same color. so can anyone verify that the two look the same or different so I know if its me? LOL

Orange looks orange, red looks red.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Quote "Salen":  

Orange looks orange, red looks red.

ok thanks...gotta be my flash or something else...grrrrr
  • Posted By: Julionics  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Schmurrr":  

Quote "Julionics":  

ok... so I did remember it correctly and just got lucky by not having them go off near me. Still was odd as I went my a Triad one 4 times or so with nothing... must be to damn sexy for it :)

Quote "munk":  

Ok, I commented out the "fast deterioration" function in the hourly. Go ahead and see if the facilities are producing now.

Seems to be working normally now, yep.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Data Buddy is broken, though dunno how important it was - I never used it, and can't remember what it was for.

If you select it, you get:

'DataTables warning: table id=databuddy - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1'

Quote "grimdel":  

Data Buddy is broken, though dunno how important it was - I never used it, and can't remember what it was for.

If you select it, you get:

'DataTables warning: table id=databuddy - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1'

see post above

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Schmurrr":  

Quote "Julionics":  

I just entered a sector and got the message "An Eastern Star Sex Bomb exploded near you for 318 damage to your Sexual Chi!"

The Display Case Drone Reproduction Virus does not seem to be generating drones. I am using it like I use the Display Case Interest Trojan, which is working normally.

:)

Quote "munk":  

Quote "Schmurrr":  

Quote "Julionics":  

"An Illuminati Sex Bomb exploded near you for 746 damage to your Sexual Chi!"

damn you lummies!

Quote "Schmurrr":  

The Display Case Drone Reproduction Virus does not seem to be generating drones. I am using it like I use the Display Case Interest Trojan, which is working normally.

:)

you need at least 1000 drone in your case to get interest.. (:

Not sure if the spoiler tag bbcode isn't working, or if my own spoiler material doesn't show the black out?

TESTES

-Update.

Well, the spoiler tag works for me fine here, but not in the post I made in the syndicate, for some reason. Kind of odd.

Quote "Rakkasan":  

Not sure if the spoiler tag bbcode isn't working, or if my own spoiler material doesn't show the black out?

TESTES

-Update.

Well, the spoiler tag works for me fine here, but not in the post I made in the syndicate, for some reason. Kind of odd.

not sure why, but it may not be implemented in Syndicate posts. Perhaps it is assumed that everything is a spoiler in syndicates.. (:

Can't remember when it usually appears, but isn't there an achievement for saving xmas on the profile page? I didn't see anything for 3015

Quote "Salen":  

Can't remember when it usually appears, but isn't there an achievement for saving xmas on the profile page? I didn't see anything for 3015

'cuz I have to hand-code that and hadn't done it yet. Added now, along with a new Mostest page:

http://secretsocietywars.com/?p=records&a=decorators_3015
  • Posted By: aces44  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Ooh it was me, it was me!!!
  • Posted By: TFwO  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Filled the daily quota for ore but I am receiving 0% discount in Spaceman's Supplies for some reason.

Quote "TFwO":  

Filled the daily quota for ore but I am receiving 0% discount in Spaceman's Supplies for some reason.

That appears to be correct for Triad. 1% discount overrides the 1% markup from control percentage - I went Triad and checked. If I recall, it only makes a significant difference when you have a large markup for the number of sectors your society controls. at .05%, the markup and discount are both negligible, not at all worth the ore cost to get it.

Debugging:
    Array
    (
    [sector_control_percentage] => 0.05
    [cost_multiplier] => 1.05
    [cost_discount] => 1
    [ore_quota] => 5000
    [ore_donated] => 5000
    )
    Cost Mult: 1 Discount: 1

Don't we normally get 90% markoff price in Spaceman's Supply if we fill the daily ore quota?
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "TFwO":  

Don't we normally get 90% markoff price in Spaceman's Supply if we fill the daily ore quota?

I have been getting the discount. it is applied the next day

Quote "BabylonHoruv":  

Quote "TFwO":  

I have been getting the discount. it is applied the next day

yes, this. (:

derp. i never realized it was for the next day.

Quote "TFwO":  

derp. i never realized it was for the next day.

that's ok, I forgot too :D

You face the Snail (aligned with illuminati (GE 1 /OC 1)

you win the fight you gain 2 Good and 2 Chaos

this seems backwards...or is it the UA messing with the numbers

Quote "Salen":  

...or is it the UA messing with the numbers

this. (:
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

The Data Buddy says the Frittata is dropped by the 'Hall Minotaur', but the minotaur isn't listed under 'Mobs'. Is it still in the game?

Quote "grimdel":  

The Data Buddy says the Frittata is dropped by the 'Hall Minotaur', but the minotaur isn't listed under 'Mobs'. Is it still in the game?

it is not yet in game

Quote "munk":  

Quote "grimdel":  

it is not yet in game

The Hall Minotaur now roams the mazes of the Universe. (:

Nice! haven't found one yet but can't wait
  • Posted By: Arikel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Trying to smail... or post in syndicates... keep getting message saying that I need to enter text.

Edit: well I can post here it seems...

Quote "Arikel":  

Trying to smail... or post in syndicates... keep getting message saying that I need to enter text.

Edit: well I can post here it seems...

High-ASCII chokes the things. use non-funny characters. Keep it ASCII, baby. (:

might not be broken per se, but the daily quest on Hedrock usually spawns that chick right away, and them every other turn I'm in there she's all like "wheres my shit?" but today ive gone through like 20 turns and no chick....was just wondering if it got tuned off or something

Quote "Salen":  

might not be broken per se, but the daily quest on Hedrock usually spawns that chick right away, and them every other turn I'm in there she's all like "wheres my shit?" but today ive gone through like 20 turns and no chick....was just wondering if it got tuned off or something

nope.