HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Trades and Turns

Secret Society Wars  »  Announcements

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Trades and Turns
    Something I've been pondering awhile is the idea of emphasizing Trades and de-emphasizing Turns as you rise in strength. Basically as you progess towards 33 and space activity, you should be working more with Trades and doing less farming with Turns, and once you are at 33 you should be conserving turns to farm for questy things, but shouldn't have so many turns that you're just script-farming for money.

Thus, I have made a change to the Daemon that hands out turns so that once you have hit 100 hit points you start getting half as many turns and twice as many trades. I've keyed it on HP because that parallels your progress through the degrees in normal questing, and because keying the switchover on degree would just cause farmers to stay at the 32nd degree.

And yes, this is basically a ploy to cut down on greasemonkey mob farming, but I feel it also shifts the focus of your time-limited consumables to a more logical ratio once you've completed (or should have completed) your degree run. (:
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

So I will still get 90% of my turns from food and booze?

Quote "xKiv":  

So I will still get 90% of my turns from food and booze?

at least until we balance the foods/boozes, yes.
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Regardless of the fact that I am likely a major culprit of farming mobs, I support this fully. I prefer the optimal method to actually take me less real life time.
  • Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I love this!
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

We could make food/drink that gave trades instead of turns. That would be an interesting balance.

Quote "crashnburn11":  

We could make food/drink that gave trades instead of turns. That would be an interesting balance.

read new announcement in minor updates (:

I doesn't look like I am getting noticeably more trades. Does it look at max HP or current HP?

Quote "xKiv":  

I doesn't look like I am getting noticeably more trades. Does it look at max HP or current HP?

It look at HP or "max HP" - the other thing is "Health". (:

OK, I got 60 more trades than expected[1] on *this* hour. So something *is* working.

(so the script is only halving/doubling what we get on a full hour, but not what we get on the quarter-hour (is that it?) ones?
    because it seems to have been +20*4 (20 every 15 minutes) + 60 (hourly) + 100 (from equipment)
    and it seems to have changed to +20*4 (still 20 every 15 minutes) + 2*60 + 100 (envision success+market madness))
    )

I did not look at turns, because I don't remember how many turns I got from just waiting. It was never relevant, compared to dimits and consumption.

[1] based on everything before today/yesterday.
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

• Posted By: Salen  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

ok just hit me when I was going over the new food drinks list. the 20th degree quest is probably going to get real easy with food and drinks giving trades, and even the later degree quests may be a lot easier. Is that going to be reconfigured for the increased trade influx? or is it just gonna be easier for all now (which isn't really a bad thing)

Quote "Salen":  

ok just hit me when I was going over the new food drinks list. the 20th degree quest is probably going to get real easy with food and drinks giving trades, and even the later degree quests may be a lot easier. Is that going to be reconfigured for the increased trade influx? or is it just gonna be easier for all now (which isn't really a bad thing)

Easier. I expect there will be plenty of differences.

Quote "munk":  

Easier. I expect there will be plenty of differences.

I hope so - because "easier" in this context means "I don't have to spam turns at mobs to get 150k bux (while still keeping enough trades for the trade quests)". That's presumably by design.