HOME     LOGIN     CREATE ACCOUNT     SSW HELP CENTER  

Turkeys now reward Trades and Chi instead of turns.

Secret Society Wars  »  Minor Updates

• Posted By: munk  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Turkeys now reward Trades and Chi instead of turns.
    Foods and Drinks now can give a wider variety of stats, now including Trades, Sexual Chi and Confidence. This is in addition to Creativity, Turns and the like.

This is step 1 in the coming rebalancing of foods and drinks, with an eye towards making different foods give different stats rather than them just being a way to max out turns (and hopefully widening your guys palates beyond Turkeys and Soft Tacos/Fat Bobs). There will be foods more suited to traders which hopefully will be more enticing than Turn-Max foods.

To test this out, I've made the base food item "Turkey" now give trades and Chi rather than the absurd amount of turns it used to. As a base food item, it gives rather more trades than it eventually will, but we're just testing it out now.

Recipes will also be rebalanced to give a combination of the stats contained in the ingredients. Again, this is to encourage making complex foods to eat rather than just eating whatever you can buy at a store. This is all coming soon, so expect foods/drinks to be a little weird while we fiddle around.
  • Posted By: crashnburn11  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Hmm, with the amount they cost to buy and the amount of trades it gives, that is a losing proposition. Even if you mined the ore and the turkey gave you the maximum trades, you still lose 6500 starbux per turkey.

Quote "crashnburn11":  

Hmm, with the amount they cost to buy and the amount of trades it gives, that is a losing proposition. Even if you mined the ore and the turkey gave you the maximum trades, you still lose 6500 starbux per turkey.

Gobble just lowered his prices.
  • Posted By: BabylonHoruv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Raise your prices again gobble, those Triads don't need any more trades...
  • Posted By: McFeisty  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

I must have missed the 'absurd amount' of turns, how many was it? *kicks self*

Ate a Turducken, 32 turns, woo!
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "McFeisty":  

I must have missed the 'absurd amount' of turns, how many was it? *kicks self*

Ate a Turducken, 32 turns, woo!

20-25 until about a week (or two?) ago, then it was nerfed to 5-25 (iirc). Now it's 0 (zero).

Where are rubber ducks from?
  • Posted By: grimdel  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Rubber ducks came from a present box (X-mas box?)
    Thats why turduckens are reset-safe.

...and I ate it. Data Buddy has some real gaps, if I'd realized it was from something like that, you know I wouldn't have eaten it.

Quote "McFeisty":  

...and I ate it. Data Buddy has some real gaps, if I'd realized it was from something like that, you know I wouldn't have eaten it.

Databuddy does tell you when something is reset-safe, you know (:

Quote "munk":  

Databuddy does tell you when something is reset-safe, you know (:

I was only looking in properties, and it was empty for the duck. I was looking for Tranya the other day, and found the same. Maybe it could say 'someplace special' or something? I figured Laddie Moes might be a source, but blank didn't really make me pay attention to the reset-safe stuff.

What is DC-able? Says the duck is. Maybe deconstructable? If so, what do I get if I do that? And can I put it back together?

Most appreciative of your help, by the way, thanks again.
  • Posted By: xKiv  homeworld | blog | gallery | player profile

Quote "McFeisty":  

What is DC-able?

Can be put in the DC (DC = display case).

Quote "McFeisty":  

What is DC-able? Says the duck is. Maybe deconstructable? If so, what do I get if I do that? And can I put it back together?

Display Case-able. You can put it in your Display Case. (:

EDIT: well, xKiv hit it at the same time I did :D